Kato kifuji rapid to kansai airport

keitaro

I ride this train 4 times a day when in jpn.

I mail listed for if it reruns. Anyone have it?

Wondering if it runs well.

It's dcc friendly as well. I'm planning it for my next layout which I'm designing in my head as I type this and have some done in any rail

Are you sure you have the name right?  Nothing comes up when you Google it which is very unusual for a kato train.

Are you referring to this?

5417041358_6106b1ff17_z.jpg

Hymek & Nankai Series 50000 at Sakai. by class60008, on Flickr

Ignore the Hymek on the left, but the one on the right is the MicroAce Nankai Series 50000 Rapi:t that I received on New Years Day :cheesy. The prototypes run from Osaka Namba to Kansai International Airport on a semi-fast service. If this is the one you mean?

I don't have it, but Micro Ace models generally run well.  I think they tend to be a bit noisier than Kato, but there's a lot of variation from both manufacturers.  If it's the same mechanism as my MA E231, then the motor is very similar to Kato's "DCC Friendly" design (3-pole, skewed armature, with flywheels), although MA doesn't make any provision for DCC.

In general, I think MA has slightly more fine detail on the body than Kato. Either would be a good model to have. I compared Kato and Micro Ace E231 models a few months ago, which might give you some indication of how the two could differ.

The kato x 2 to make 8 car set is more expensive but doesn't have the rapido couplers.

But then I would have 2 motor cars which would lead to derails running together.

I'm just hoping if I so decide to get micro ace it doesn't have issues like my kiha did