Just fooling around

jakke01

Having purchased the Anyrail system a while back, I haven't had the time yet to experiment with it. That's until now.....

Below you can the find the first result based on some Tomix rail sets.

It has seemed to capture my son's imagination so I've named "Sanderu" in his honour.

Hopefully I'll be able to expand on this theme in the future and maybe (if I win the lottery !!!) get to build it.

The elevated sections are marked in orange.

If you see any errors in it, please feel free to let me know  :grin :grin :grin

Grtz

Jan

post-279-13569927583487_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Jan - What are the dimensions of the layout? That will give the members an idea of what they are looking at.

Also will it be in the middle of a room or against a wall?

You always want to make it easy to reach when working with scenery, track or derailments.

I would consider adding a yard to the layout it's nice to display your trains even when they are not in operation or when you what to switch trains out.

Another concern and I'm not sure if it exists...is there a "reverse loop" in your design? If there is you'll have to reverse polarity in the tracks.

Otherwise it is an interesting design with a lot of activity for the viewer to see!

Hi Bernard,

The dimensions of the track plan are 4932mm by 1195mm.

They will fit on a 5100mm by 1250mm base plate on my attick but I guess this can be broken own in some more "bite-size" chunks.

As I have access all around the base plate I won't have any problems there.

Also, there is no reversing loop as I wanted to avoid this - the idea behind the whole thing was to keep it simple, as this track is meant for my 7-year old son.

(yeah right !!!!  :grin :grin :grin )

I already was playing with the idea of fitting a yard, so if make any changes I will keep you posted.Many thanks for your kind comments.

Grtz,

Jan

Jan - Being an American you have a 16'x4' layout....that is a nice size! I can see an area (and I think you do too) where you can put a yard, in the center of the right side of the layout. I forgot to ask, what trains to you plan on running? (Because of the length of their cars, Shinkansen's need a wide radius.)

I like the fact that you said it was for you son.....I hope he lets you use it!  :cheesy

Hi Bernard,

As we are not running anything prototypical the curves are not that much of an issue.

We just buy what please the eye and have a rather eclectic collection at the moment (ranging from Thomas the tank engine to a Series 885 White Sonic).

As my son is an avid shinkansen fan I try to limit to the shorter models (Dr Yellow, Series 800, E4) where you can have a complete set with fewer cars then let's say a complete N700.

I'm running them on a Tomix A+C+D+E layout at the moment without any problems.

If I ever get around to building this layout I'm sure we'll have hours of fun on it !!!!

Grtz,

Jan

Hi everybody,

I just added a small yard to the layout but I'm not completely sure about it yet  ??? ??? ???.

Enjoy.

Grtz,

Jan

post-279-1356992760129_thumb.jpg