kiha-200 Kominato line

keitaro

I'm planning to go ride it in a week or so when the sakura are blooming. There's a station on the line I'm considering modelling. I've bought Tomytec's new Kiha 200 in anticipation. (It's part of Collection 13, which came out this month.)

While I'm at it, I'll probably check out Isumi Railway, which it connects to, and maybe the coastal JR lines there if I have time.

yeah i know there are 200 in different livery but they are like 2007 releases i'll wait for a re-run this will fit my layout and next lay out really well

We did the Kominato and Isumi lines from west to east during Trainaway Tour's trip last September, well worth it.

bikkuri bahn

Second westfalen's recommendation.  If you have only a few days in Japan, and want to sample a true "railroady" local line without the touristy/cutesy promotional bits, this is the line to visit.  The kiha 200 type is a variation of the once common JNR kiha 20 type, fitted with longitudinal seating and no toilets (commuter layout), but mechanicals are same with the sweet DMH sound.  No mascots or cartoon characters, however you can see plenty of "real" railroad cats lounging around stations along the line.  Also, no modern plasticky diesel units are run with anathema (for me) curtains on the (sealed) windows- give me a tattered roll down blind with a hook and sash arrangement any time.

Second westfalen's recommendation.  If you have only a few days in Japan, and want to sample a true "railroady" local line without the touristy/cutesy promotional bits, this is the line to visit.  The kiha 200 type is a variation of the once common JNR kiha 20 type, fitted with longitudinal seating and no toilets (commuter layout), but mechanicals are same with the sweet DMH sound.  No mascots or cartoon characters, however you can see plenty of "real" railroad cats lounging around stations along the line.  Also, no modern plasticky diesel units are run with anathema (for me) curtains on the (sealed) windows- give me a tattered roll down blind with a hook and sash arrangement any time.

That's my idea of a line to ride, but man, it looks like a decent haul to get to it though? Transfer what two or three times originating from Tokyo, then thru Chuba?

That's my idea of a line to rude, but man, it looks like a decent haul to get to it though? Transfer what two or three times originating from Tokyo, then thru Chuba?

I can get to the Kominato Line from Nagoya only changing trains twice (once in Tokyo, once in Chiba) so it can't be that bad.