113 & 183 Twilight

Guest ___

Nice videos there--that user seems to have some interesting stuff and good-quality videos.

Interesting to see the 183 connecting Kyoto and Amanohashidate. The town I grew up in is a sister city of Miyazu.

I'm still lost... where does 'Twilight' come in to this? :)

I do love those 113s though... that whole trip NW of Kyoto past the museum and into the hills near Arashiiyama is perfect.

As I understand it, the 183's are not long for this world. I suspect the 113's time may be near as well. (We have a thread on the 183's elsewhere on here)

bikkuri bahn

Both taken at Ayabe on the Sanin Main Line.  I have to admit the JR West corporate colors on the 183's don't look bad, though I like the original JNR ltd. express colors the best. To see two car 113 consists is a bit weird, since I grew up with Tokaido Line 113 series trains that were 15 cars long- the traction motor and electrical hum was unforgettable on a passing unit at full speed.  Kyoto is still very much the place to see 113 series still in operation- they are regulars on the Kosei Line.  I'll have to make a post about that soon.

• Like 1