Anyone got the Kato JR Kyushu 885 Komome "Yellow" tilt train?

Samurai_Chris

Samurai_Chris

Love this train. See it whenever I head into Hakata. It is the Sonic that goes to Nagasaki..

Anyone own this set? I saw the Kato 885 running in Hakata last night on the layout they have in the rail store, and the tilt feature is simply sweet..

Would love to hear your thoughts..

Chris

Yes! it's really beautifull!

I bought both sets, Kamome (yellow) and Sonic (blue)

if you need it, both are still available at Rainbowten (10-410 and 10-286)

ciao

Massimo

I have both sets too!  I bought the Blue Sonic for about 9900 yen pre-owned in mint condition in Hakata back in Nov 2009.  So if you are in Japan, it is not that hard to get one at a deeply discounted price.  Unless you want a brand new one.

Samurai_Chris

Yeah, I have seen them here, but will probably only get the one, and I like the look of the yellow one most....

Romd has one. I bought the 883 froma guy in London by accident thinking it was an 885. As a result I sold the 883 to Romd so I could buy a 415 Kyushu dummy set. (I was planning to buy a powered set down the road but never did) He now has an 883 and 885. Personal, I love the aesthetics of the 885, but it looks more European (so does the 883 for that matter) than Japanese, IHO. My short lived 883 tilted which I really thoguht was cool.

It was the interior that really wowed me. Hardwood floors with high back leather seats and floor to ceiling windows in the former smoking section....

Samurai_Chris

Well, I have decided to get the yellow 885 Kamome in the next few weeks..

Just cant stop thinking about this train!

Chris