parts and spares.

keitaro

How does one find information on spare parts etc for their models?

Tomix for example http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10094117 for moha164 if you blow the motor

I wonder this as I have begun to think it's good to always have a spare motor for each model I on if available but I never know what to look for. The books never seem to include info.

ATM i am trying to find out my kiha 130's motor or motor unit replacement if there is one still available. i looked on motor but the serial on it is un decipherable.

I think my model must have been dodgy make as it's worn and badly assembled which is probably why it went so quick. plus the moto casing has a dent ???

Samurai_Chris

Mate, I finally got to see the newly developed Hakata Station, and also got a chance to quickly have a look at the new train store.. I saw motors from memory, but I think they were Kato, just the engine, and all the spares that go with them.. I also saw replacement parts such as body replacements, wheels ect.. I plan on heading back with the kids in the next week or so, so let me see what is down there with Tomix..

Chris

thanks man. the issue is though knowing the right part. theres a different motor for different models etc.

i just noticed there is a part magazine. i may need to invest in this.

Martijn Meerts

The Tomix catalog usually lists all spare parts per train, so if your train is still listed in the catalog, it should have the motor listed as well. The spare parts catalog lists all Tomix spare parts, but not which model they can be used for.

I won't be home for another 10 hours or so, but if no one has replied by then, I can check the catalog, and possibly scan the motors page of the spare parts catalog.

Chris, does that place have a website as I am desperately trying to find some Kato parts for my Chuo Line 201 Series.

Martijn Meerts

i don't know the part it's for the tomix kiha 130 hidaka line i need motor replacement or motor and chassis if available

the train model number is 92148

hmm interesting

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10139107

The Tomix catalog doesn't list a motor part number for the Kiha130, looks like the motor is part of something else. There's a note about the motor below the info box, but I can't read it. However, I scanned it, so hopefully someone with some Japanese knowledge can figure out for you what it says.

tomix_kiha130_info.jpg

Samurai_Chris

Chris, does that place have a website as I am desperately trying to find some Kato parts for my Chuo Line 201 Series.

Mate it is the new Popondetta store in Hakata.. They have a site, but I think it is not the Hakata Store..

http://www.popondetta.com/

Chris

Keitaro,

A spare motor for every train?  Really?  Wouldn't some basic circuit protection be easier and cheaper?  No need to thrash those little puppies is there?  You must be one mean train driver!!!  :grin  :grin  :grin

Cheers

The_Ghan

always good to have one lying about. think about 10 years from now and you can't get that fly wheel motor anymore becasue we have some new super universe moving train where ther train doesn't move the universe does

Which one? I think at the least Kato produced both a JNR version and a JR 'final formation' version, whichly oddly enough seem like they use 2 different toolings.

i don't know the part it's for the tomix kiha 130 hidaka line i need motor replacement or motor and chassis if available

the train model number is 92148

The Tomix catalog doesn't list a motor part number for the Kiha130, looks like the motor is part of something else. There's a note about the motor below the info box, but I can't read it. However, I scanned it, so hopefully someone with some Japanese knowledge can figure out for you what it says.

Yes, in the scan of the info box posted above, the line to list the motor, which would have a 0600-series number, is the one below the "JS13." Instead there is an asterisk (*) to a footnote that I can not translate. Can anyone translate this footnote for us?

Rich K.

Which one? I think at the least Kato produced both a JNR version and a JR 'final formation' version, whichly oddly enough seem like they use 2 different toolings.

Hi David, its from the original 10-370 set, the 201-40 (Saha?) and 200-41 (Kuha?) which are the end cars, have front skirts and lighting units in them, I think the lighting unit is 4315G and the skirt is Z04-2947.  The skirt and lighting unit seem to be identical on these cars, I have also just noticed that I need an inter car corridor connector too  :confused2:  I'm looking for bits for the 201-40