Kiha 130 tomix

keitaro

So I was running this last night and stopped it slowly and turned of leaving it and the kiha 91 on the tracks.

This morning I switched on as I did a bit more ballasting last night to retest the new stretch I did.

It won't go. I think the motor might be fried.

I opened up quickly to have a look and everything seems to be loose freely able to move. And power is not the issue because the lights come on just motor does nothing.

It uses a micro spring drive smaller than other ones I've seen.

Any idea what to check. The gears and spring worm mechanism turn fine with a brush of the finger. No visible dirt or glue that might have sucked up.

Have you tried removing the motor from the mechanism and applying power to it directly to see if it is the motor that is the problem.

I stripped it down to the prongs in that it get the power from the car and connected there but nothin tonight I will have another play.

ok so i fixed it  :grin

after 2 hrs of fiddling and pulliong the motor appart inside the connection to the outside power was broken a spring superglued ontop fixed issue.

(i don't have a solder)

think i will invest in one soon though to fix properly

btw the motor says 38210 or 36210 on it how can i find out what motor this is

keitaro - glad to see that you found the problem but sometimes with super glue when the motor gets hot, the glue melts and pop goes your connection....if it works great but in the future you might have to solder the connection.

It needs a push to get it going then it's fine I think I need to operate more but at least it's moving for now.

Like I said this motor has battle damage musthave been dropped at factory or something.

Update- I pulled apart again and modded the holding place of the motor I placed thin rubber cut to fit with out interfering with the pole. Then I added some copper joiners out of a car that has been decommissioned and prepped for demolition from and old ho steamer.

I added this to both prongs so it has 2 pickups now

I then tapped across the motor to give it extra hold so it doesn't move.

Out come ??

Well let's just say it runs better than when I bought it brand new

And it's quieter as it does not vibrate in the metal casing anymore.

Took me till 3am to fix this and the kiha 91. Then back up for work at 4Am