Tomytec Tetsudo Collection 10 help

Nick_Burman

Nick_Burman

Question... in TTC 10, does the Tobu Kumagaya-sen railcar (the cream-coloured streamlined job) have any writings or logo on its side identifying it as a Tobu car (and BTW, does anyone have one spare and would be interested in parting with it? :grin)? Also, there are several KuHa41000 cars converted to pilot trailers for electric cars - I can ID the Kambara and Niigata Kotsu versions but what is the red and white one, Kotoden?

Cheers NB

Question... in TTC 10, does the Tobu Kumagaya-sen railcar (the cream-coloured streamlined job) have any writings or logo on its side identifying it as a Tobu car (and BTW, does anyone have one spare and would be interested in parting with it? :grin)? Also, there are several KuHa41000 cars converted to pilot trailers for electric cars - I can ID the Kambara and Niigata Kotsu versions but what is the red and white one, Kotoden?

1. The Tobu one has this written on the side: キハ2002東武鉄道 however, no logo.

2. AFAIK there are only 2 trailer cars (Kanbara and Niigata). All other models are DMU (underbody equipment and キハ classification).

http://www.tomytec.co.jp/diocolle/lineup/tetsudou/tetsudou10.html

東武鉄道 キハ2002 = Tôbu Tetsudô KIHA 2002

鹿島鉄道 キハ431 = Kashima Tetsudô KIHA 431

羽後交通 キハ3 = Ugo Kôtsû KIHA 3

国鉄 キハ04 = JNR KIHA 04

遠州鉄道 キハ802 = Ensyû Tetsudô KIHA 802

関東鉄道 キハ411 = Kantô Tetsudô KIHA 411

北陸鉄道 キハ5201 = Hokuriku Tetsudô KIHA 5201

同和鉱業片上鉄道 キハ302 = Dôwa Kôgyô Katakami Tetsudô KIHA 302

新潟交通 クハ37 = Niigata Kôtsû KUHA 37

蒲原鉄道 クハ10 = Kanbara Tetsudô KUHA 10

Nick_Burman

Thanks. 東武鉄道 = Tobu Tetsudo, so the car is identified as a Tobu car. Pity, I was thinking about using it for a Jyozankei-style operation...

Funny, the Kanto Tetsudo car looks like a pilot trailer on the pictures as the rear headlight is missing...

Cheers NB

Thanks. 東武鉄道 = Tobu Tetsudo, so the car is identified as a Tobu car. Pity, I was thinking about using it for a Jyozankei-style operation...

Funny, the Kanto Tetsudo car looks like a pilot trailer on the pictures as the rear headlight is missing...

The Kanto ones were always used in pairs, that explains the missing headlight.

Also, you can just put the shell in denatured alcohol to get rid of the original paint and then respray the shell. Very easy to do and quite fun as well. I'm still planning on doing so with a few trains, but I still have to come up with a good livery scheme.