Found my DCC controller and 2 Digitax DZ123 decoders

keiman

10c973bc.jpg

Went through my old bedroom at my mums and found this and also an automatic train shuttle with station stops.

Thinking multiple trams on a point to point possibly.

CaptOblivious

That's pretty fancy looking. Seen photos before, but have no idea what all the buttons and dials do…but it looks like fun.

Don, the ZTC controller replicates the controls of a typical British steam loco, with it's regulator handle, reverser and screw handbrake. A mate of mine has one, and I find it's great fun to use.

Cheers,

Mark.

CaptOblivious

Don, the ZTC controller replicates the controls of a typical British steam loco, with it's regulator handle, reverser and screw handbrake. A mate of mine has one, and I find it's great fun to use.

Cheers,

Mark.

That is too cool.

How close would this be to Japanese steam controls? Did the British influence Japanese steam design? Am I opening a can of worms and a new thread with this question?

• Like 1

That is too cool.

How close would this be to Japanese steam controls? Did the British influence Japanese steam design? Am I opening a can of worms and a new thread with this question?

Carry on Don

That is too cool.How close would this be to Japanese steam controls? Did the British influence Japanese steam design? Am I opening a can of worms and a new thread with this question?

No, it's a great question, Don. Many Japanese locos, in particular the older classes, had exactly the same controls. The first steam locos to run in Japan were all from British builders, and the Trevithick brothers Richard and Frances both held the position of Locomotive Superintendent early in the development period. So the British influence on Japanese steam design was strong from the outset.

Even after the influx of German and American-built power, later Japanese designed and built locos continued to display typical British features on the footplate, such as screw reversers, pullover regulators and Gresham & Craven-type combination injectors.

Couldn't resist posting this as an example of a beautiful old British-built loco - an engine built by Nasmyth Wilson in 1887, still running in 1963.

900-120+補正img910.jpg

(Image from this wonderful website: http://umemado.blogspot.com/search/label/磐城セメント四ツ倉)

All the best,

Mark.