Studio Mid Climbing Crane Detail for Urban/City layouts

Since I started the Kato Unitram / City layout I'd been searching for a descent crane to top one of my HiRises.  I recently found the Studio Mid Build Series Climbing Crane, construction site and building kits on Hobby Search.  I purchased all 3 kits and an extra red crane kit.  Each crane kit has 2 cranes, I didn't realize this at 1st as I dont read Japanese. It arrived friday and I am satisfied with the quality so I'm recommending this one.

Here is the hobby search picture of the combined kits. The other is the start of my version.

post-334-13569927481893_thumb.jpg

post-334-13569927485819_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I bought two of the three kits (the structure and the walls). The kits are more customization-oriented than I expected, and a lot of assembly is required. Not that that's a bad thing.

I decided to paint everything, including the fence, to be more prototypical. I also cut out and used some of the signs and banners. After assembly, I cut a 1.5-mm sheet of ABS and painted it to look like a dirt lot. There's still more to be done (and I really need to fix that metal paint job), but here's what I have so far.

post-162-13569927486689_thumb.jpg

post-162-13569927487392_thumb.jpg

post-162-13569927515703_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I like it.  It looks great on the unitram plates. I see you had as much trouble with the green mesh as I did.  I found stringing the climbing crane was the most difficult part of the assembly so you have more pain to look forward to.  Looks like painting the fence is a good thing so I wil do the same. The Crane kits also come with traffic cones and misc. partitions.

Yeah, the mesh was tough, and I should have taken my time on it more. Gluing the green-and-white hazard stripes to the corner of the fence was tricky too. If you apply any of those, make a folding crease first.

I haven't decided if I'm going to paint and use the vending machines or not.