Since we recently got a Windows-based netbook (mostly for backing up photos while traveling), I thought I'd try to install openBVE on it--something I could never get to work on my iBook.

Everything's installed correctly, but I'm having a hard time finding trains. Some of the ones I need seem to come in installer programs rather than zip archives. I can't read the Japanese buttons, of course, and it seems like not all of the files are downloading.

So--does anybody know of a source that has Japanese trains in zip files?

Thanks--unfortunately, the ones on bve-routes.com are all stored on esnips.com, and neither of my computers can pull up the actual download page there. I just get a blank page and the status bar says "stopped."

The Real Guillyman

Greetings everybody!

I felt obliged to follow up in this thread now that the member who was impersonating me has been removed by the Administrators.

Please do not be fooled by the links to mediafire and esnips downloads, because they all contain work which has been plagiarised from the genuine authors from around the globe, work which had had all the header files removed and which had been repackaged. Generally all the images of the original work had been converted to GIF files with a green transparency. Now anybody who knows anything about GIF images will realise that these can carry only images to a depth of 256 colours, so the high quality resolution of the original textures will be lost.

All this work is available from the original authors at their own reputable websites around the world. A group of respectable members of the BVE community is currently in the process of taking legal action to have the uploads of these sites taken down because of copyright theft, and is also following legal advice with a view to prosecuting the person impersonating me and others for fraud, please see this thread: http://bveworldwide.unlimitedboard.com/t75-e-mails

But on to the more pleasant things! In my capacity of co-Administrator of the one-time BVE Terminus forums I organised with the Team an archive of material from many authors which could be stored for a rainy day. It was far from complete and concentrated mainly on the UK products, but was being compiled so that in the event of any authors disappearing / getting married / dying etc the work would continue to be available on request.

So! If there is anything which any members are seeking, please feel free to post here or PM me with your email address and I will see what I can do.

Regards to all,

Al.