Monorail

keitaro

Looks very much like the monorail used in the town of Wuppertal/Germany, now operating over a hundred years there.

Does anyone know, whether this is a commercially made set and where it would be available?

From what I can tell some one made this themselves inspiring though would be nice to see kato or tomix give it a go

Mudkip Orange

This looks to be a Safege-style system and would be appropriate for the Shonan line or the Chiba City Townliner.

I for one hope it's commercially available.

would be wonderful to be produced! ive noodled a lot on what it would take to do various forms of japanese monorails and people movers, the shonan style definitely would take some engineering. interesting they use capacitors and quick recharge at the stations. i always loved the simplicity of the around track design at the stations.

cheers

jeff

Mudkip Orange

Roll that beautiful monorail footage!

Officially the Mitsu trains have a max service speed of 70 km/h, but I reckon they could go faster if they wanted to. The original Safege test track operated up to 100km/h, and that was 50 years ago.

Neat!  Not a huge fan of the noise or the clunky operations, but that could still be really cool! Add me to the list of potential buyers if its every commercially produced!  I'm sure it would be a lot cheaper than this:

http://www.hielscher-dampfmodelle.de/cms/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=79&category_id=19&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=38