tomytec mechanism for hanazono hanshin tigers train?

cteno4

I have the Hanazono model of the hanshin tiger train and want to motorize it. anyone have one and try anything yet?

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10131821

looks to be 20.5-21m chassis so im thinking the upcoming TM-16, but not sure. any ideas.

also notice that hanzono has some what look like may be n scale power trucks, but if they are they must have tiny motors in the truck themselves. look to be to be put on some of the brass models they offer. anyone ever seen anything about these?

http://87z.co.jp/pawatora.htm

cheers

jeff

Sorry Jeff, the Hanazono power trucks are HO scale. The model numbers - "WB-31" - are the wheelbase in milimetres. They're wonderfully useful things, but no good to you!  :grin

All the best,

Mark.

Mark,

thanks makes sense, nothing has been made that small yet for a powered truck, even the kato unitram....

was tantalized by the second sets of numbers  that i thought might be mm wheelbases...

are the tomytec chassis dimensions prototype coupler to coupler?

cheers

jeff

To be honest Jeff, I have no idea. I thought perhaps they referred to the length over the body rather than the couplers...

Cheers,

Mark.

well the thomas train takes the tm-08 20m unit and the only way to get 20m on the thomas train is to be the coupler to coupler dimension. i would have figured it would be the body length as well, but the car body is 19.35 scale meters long. the henshin car body is about 20.7m scale long... im concerned that even the 20.5m chassis will not quite be enough, but could fudge it a tad.

cheers

jeff

Have you thought to ask the guys at Hobby Search, if you bought it from there?  They've helped me out a couple of times.

Cheers

The_Ghan

ghan,

good idea, ill do that once things settle down some for them. since the train is not a tomytec im guessing they wont have anything specific, but im betting this was powered up by a lot of japanese baseball and train combo fans!

cheers

jeff

...the henshin car body is about 20.7m scale long... im concerned that even the 20.5m chassis will not quite be enough, but could fudge it a tad.

Jeff, I've never actually seen one of these chasssis in the flesh, so to speak, but if they are only driven on one truck, perhaps you could shorten or lengthen it if neccessary?

Cheers,

Mark.

There are photographs showing dimensions on the Plaza Japan web site in Centimetres.  As of now he has TM-12, TM-13 and TM-14 and the couplers are not attached in the photos.

http://stores.ebay.com/Plaza-Japan/Motorized-Chassis-/_i.html?_dmd=1&_fsub=10&_sasi=1&_sc=1&_sid=169030440&_sop=1&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322&_vc=1

westfalen

I forgot this thread. I've had my Tigers railcar running with a TM-16 for a month or so now. I cut the ends off the original underframe and glued them onto the TM-16 as shown in the photo.

post-218-13569927996941_thumb.jpg

westfalen,

thanks mucho! great to see it works and ill do mine when they get re-release here soon! thanks for the picture, great to have something that works to follow!

cheers

jeff

thanks mucho keitaro! i have a little list ready to order!

the tm16 mech is just released again as well which is what i needed. i picked up a couple of the trains when they were first released and now want to power one of them!

cheers,

jeff