"Train Collection of Shinetsu Main Line"

scott

OK, I need every passenger train in this video.  :grin

I love the part at 6:33 where the Hokuetsu goes by the rice paddies in the dark, with the sounds of frogs calling all around.

Have to wonder why, at 10:03, there are sprinklers wetting the tracks in front of the Noto. Is it some sort of de-icing system?

• Like 1

They use sprinklers for de-icing on the Shinkansen (the hot water also helps melt snow), so it makes sense the same thing would be used here.

Nick_Burman

Couple of questions...when that MOW train moves off the main line to clear a local train I noticed that the ballast car seems to climb over the main line rail to get into the siding, what's happening there? And in some platform scenes there is a iluminated trackside signboard with what looks like three kanji which goes out as soon as the train gets a little past it, what is this sign for?

Cheers NB

bikkuri bahn

Nice video, mainly because it features JNR-era built trains- you cannot go wrong with those  :laugh:  The night scenes at the end especially are good.  Always a treat to see 165 series (Moonlight Echigo). I figure the shinetsu line area will increase in popularity with fans with the continuing thinning out of JNR types in other regions, though cascading of stock will likely affect it too.  

About the platform indicator, the resolution is too poor to read, but I guess it may be [通過中], or "train passing".

• Like 2