EF66 with Wamu - check this out

keitaro

Martijn Meerts

I have that set on the way from Hobby Search, got shipped earlier this week :)

Still showing as available from HS. If it wasn't for those silver wheels I'd be sorely tempted to buy the set and sell the locomotive, which is bad because I really need to be spending my money to get my existing fleet caught up on DCC. At the monthly train allowance I've restricted myself to it will still take another 2 months to buy all the decoders and the PR3 I need. I've been lucky that Kato's release schedule is dry for me through the end of May, apart from those Mitsubishi Taki 1900.

Martijn Meerts

Still showing as available from HS. If it wasn't for those silver wheels I'd be sorely tempted to buy the set and sell the locomotive, which is bad because I really need to be spending my money to get my existing fleet caught up on DCC. At the monthly train allowance I've restricted myself to it will still take another 2 months to buy all the decoders and the PR3 I need. I've been lucky that Kato's release schedule is dry for me through the end of May, apart from those Mitsubishi Taki 1900.

Blackening the wheels is easy enough, just quite a bit of work with that many of them =)

I bought a set through Popondetta but it looks like they're out now. Looks like HS still has stock but are significantly more $$ than either Popondetta or HW. The only reason I bought mine from Popondetta is because they're willing to hold it hehehe. Now I have a month to gather the necessary funds. ;)

lol when I posted there was 4 in stock, so who bought them  :cool:

Probably four of the estimated 9,000,000 or so Japanese model railroaders, four wouldn't stretch too far. :grin

I wonder how easy the Tomix EF66 is to convert to DCC? The Wamu's wheels could probably be replaced with Fox Valley wheel sets, there are a lot of them though.