kiha 110 lights installed

keitaro

Hi all,

Just installed lights in my kiha 110 pics attached.

If anyone has this and is thinking of doing the same.

I will let you know what sacrafices must be made.

1. If you install lights it add pressure between the cars meaning the decal for passing between cars pops out a tiny bit meaning it will derail easier due to increased stretch from couplers when going around corners becasue the cars rub together especially on 280mm and less curves.

I have also noticed it makes the motor a little noisy. not as bad as my kiha 130 hidaka line though.

It was so easy to install each car takes no more then 1 minute.

will ad video later if i get time looks particularily awesome in dark going between the mountains.

edit - video

post-484-13569927267565_thumb.jpg

post-484-13569927267937_thumb.jpg

post-484-13569927268255_thumb.jpg

Thanks.

I love this model and it really does look beter with the lights i have some passengers on the way to install inside.

Just an FYI Shashinka the lights can just pop in and out by taking the case off and the just slide out. So it is easily changed out if you want to run with out at any time.

Unfortunately if you switch the front/back led switches off it still powers the lights inside and the box mentions they are for dcc as well.

And I thought I was rich using TomyTec figures (about 480 yen for 12) instead of the Chinese architectural figures.

One comment though, you'll eventually have to cut off their legs to make them fit properly, since even the Kato floors are much higher then the prototype (they almost come up to the windows)

CaptOblivious

David, I'm in the same (rich) boat...and I've got a box full of dismembered legs and feet to prove it.

I hold on to them with the thought that maybe they'd be useful…for something…maybe…

I like what you did by adding people in your cars, but it is going to get expensive.

What most of us do is get 100 people from ebay sellers either from China or Hong Kong and cut them in half and seat them in the cars. It will have the same effect but at a fraction of the cost.

Here is a link to ebay sellers but you'll find at any ebay link:

http://toys.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=100+people&_sacat=19119&_dmpt=Model_RR_Trains&_odkw=&_osacat=19119&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

thanks for the link but alas it is too late I have already got 8 packs of passengers hahaha.

yeah the floors are too high which is a bummer really, but hey it's nscale you kinda expect that.

that car is fine it's the only 1 with seets detailed in side the other 2 cars do not have seats detailed so I will need to make a the seat back and cut off their legs.

i'm hoping to put some in my kiha 91 when it comes

David, I'm in the same (rich) boat...and I've got a box full of dismembered legs and feet to prove it.

I hold on to them with the thought that maybe they'd be useful…for something…maybe…

Purikura booths?

• Like 1

suicide booth?

btw i'm definately not on the rich boat, my boat is light enough to start floating.

Meaning i'm at the end of my budget for a long time

the no motor passenger car is flickering a bit the wheels were dirty so I cleaned but still does it.

I think I may need to add some solder to the pins so they make stronger contact