Muroran Steelworks loco

Nick_Burman

http://cgi.ebay.com.hk/Japan-Prototype-0-6-0-HO-Steam-Yard-Switcher-Shunter-/260733371423?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_201&hash=item3cb4eb841f

Has any of the HO scalers in this list seen this one? The Bachmann "turtle" 0-6-0ST disguised as a Muroran Steelworks Vulcan Iron Works (VIW, Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania) switching loco. BB should really consider one...affordable, "local" (i.e. Hokkaido) locos are hard to get...even I am feeling tempted...

Cheers NB

A mate of mine has two of these locos, they're rather nice little models. I can understand why you're tempted.

Cheers,

Mark.

bikkuri bahn

Must be a limited production from Bachmann's Chinese plant with decaling for the Japanese prototype. Haven't seen this at the stores.  What I really want is a Baldwin 2-6-0 tender type, or the B6 0-6-2 in plastic or RTR diecast, something that would look good either in the yard or out on the line.

Oh yes, if there was a plastic/diecast B6 on the market, I'd buy a fistfull!  :grin They're probably my favourite early JNR steam loco type. I love the way no two engines looked the same in their later years.

Speaking of the BLW 2-6-0s, are there any US prototype models available that could be converted?

Cheers,

Mark.