Not into scenery!

The_Ghan

Impressive stuff -but it could have been so much better, was my first thought. So much track and almost no running complexities... Too bad. It could have been a great 'guess-where-the-train-is-going-next' layout.

I agree.  It is pretty naive really.  There is that much track that you can't see the trains he's trying to show off with all that track.  Pity. It's a case of 'you can't see the forest for the trees'.

Cheers

The_Ghan

well to each his/her own. some folks like the perceived scenery and like more defined track loops than more organic, sceniced ones.  some love lots of track some love the bare essentials... whats important is its what makes him happy and hes put a lot of effort into it and enjoys it. take a look around and you will see a whole spectrum of layouts out there.

cheers

jeff

Fair point Jeff ... I bet he likes playing those games in the newspaper where you have to draw the line through the maze to escape ...

Cheers

The_Ghan

Claude_Dreyfus

As mentioned earlier, each to his own. Personally, this sort of layout really does not float my boat...too much track and no real sense of place. If it were my layout, I would find the interest value in having something like this very limited...