HD300 Announced for N Scale

Krackel Hopper

Claude_Dreyfus

Aaagh! I'd love to get an HD300, but sadly, World Craft are a little beyond me for a single locomotive...no matter how amazing it might be. Have to wait until someone produces one a little more affordable!

Looks really nice though!

Krackel Hopper

I agree - I have heard great things about World Craft and about brass in general.  However, I have no experience with brass, nor can I afford the price tag of brass.

I did think it interesting that World Craft was the first to jump on this.  While they make some unique stuff, it is usually older models.  I would have expected Kato/Tomix/MicroAce to have been the first on board.

good to see though this is pre assembled right?

as i don't feel up to putting one together...

anyone got specs on this my retarded iphone won't show the japanese characters on the page right

The only information on HS in English or Japanese appears to be about the real loco, "- A prototype of an engine conversion into the next generation, we [TU power] is all driven by the shaft.", not enough for me to see past the 36,100 yen price tag. That would get me six Kato DE10's that I know run well and I know I can put DCC in easily.

Martijn Meerts

The 36100 yen price tag is because it's all brass and handmade ;) There'll likely be a kit version at about 1/3rd of the price at some point in the future.

They have released several limited edition/special version pre-built steamers for 85000-90000 yen actually ;)

That seems inexpensive for painted brass.  I'm used to prices about twice that for U.S. outline HO (I haven't paid much attention to brass for Japanese N-scale).

When I first saw the annoucement I thought "overpriced", but if that's brass I'm suddenly tempted...

I dont know brass or not just how much difference in detail could be on it?

I can understand the difference on a steamer but on this ..... The diesels are usually pretty good as standard

I'd be more interested in what the mechanism is like, that has always been the unknown quantity in brass locos. The detail difference between brass and mass produced locos these days is small and getting smaller. The only advantage in brass is that you can get locos that the mainstream manufacturers won't make.