Tomix JR Kyushu/West Japan N700-8000 Sakura

Samurai_Chris

Samurai_Chris

Looking at getting it myself, and am interested in knowing more about the sets.. Even here in Japan, the full 8 piece set is sold out in many places. So will have to go with the 3 and 5 piece sets..

Chris

Martijn Meerts

The 8 piece set is a limited edition with different road number from the other set (they did the same with the 800 series), so I guess that's a reason it sold out fast. I have the 8 piece set on pre-order from HS myself.

Wait so this has already been released?? Or are pre-orders sold out? I have a feeling more will become available when it's released. I'd also try emailing Mr. Plaza Japan about reserving one through him. Bad news if it's been released b/c I just got a ton of trains in the mail yesterday and the wife is suspicious!

Martijn Meerts

According to HS, it'll be released in March, but pre-orders there are already sold out. The regular 3+5 sets will probably be fairly easy to find after they're release, but the limited edition 8-car set is probably going to be instantly sold out.

Samurai_Chris

Just ordered mine today at my local hobby store..

Cant wait, as my daughter's name is "Sakura"  さくら

Chris

AHHHH CRAP it's out already? How do I hide this on my CC... I wonder if there's any delays with shipping and such. Mine's on pre-order at HS.

Samurai_Chris

Yep, I just snuck out of work to go pick her up at my local store. Must say its a beautiful looking set! :laugh:

Pics to come when I get home...

Chris

Maybe it's not worth opening multiple topics for each purchase on the forum, I'm afraid it will explode soon if everyone does the same! :D

Agree. I don't see the point of multiplying subjects like that. It's a bit pointless and also not very nice of you to try to make other forumers jealous.

Please, post some pictures and maybe a short review. :)

Topics have been merged and renamed.

Martijn Meerts

Saying you got a new train is hardly trying to make other people jealous.. If it is, we might as well delete the entire "What did you order" thread as well as all the roster threads etc. Might as well delete all personal projects threads, lots of reason for jealousy in those  :grin

On topic, I got a notice from HS that my limited edition N700-8000 has arrived, but it's in the same order as the regular N700-8000 (yes, I ordered both sets) and the E5, neither of which have been released yet.

Samurai_Chris

Well it seems that some threads have been merged.. With the slow flow of traffic on this site, I didn't think that I had done anything wrong. Anyways, please forgive my ignorance...

Batteries are flat, will take pics in the morning...

Sorry for making anyone feel jealous... :sad:

ps: mine also the limited edition 8 piece set...

Chris

Ne, that should be ok. I used glue and tappe to hold the fabric of our universe together.

And I found some pictures of the set for the time being: http://popondetta.com/blog/cat1/n700.html This blue color doesn't make the train very visible on a whitish background. It will stand out better on a finished layout. I also wouldn't mind seing some videos of it.

Ne, that should be ok. I used glue and tappe to hold the fabric of our universe together.

And I found some pictures of the set for the time being: http://popondetta.com/blog/cat1/n700.html This blue color doesn't make the train very visible on a whitish background. It will stand out better on a finished layout. I also wouldn't mind seing some videos of it.

Cool pics!!

I also learned on this blog that there is a popondetta store in the new Hakata station!! One more reason for me to go back to Fukuoka!!!

H2.jpg

Nobody should need a reason to go to Fukuoka, it's a great city and Kyushu is pretty cool too.

I said, one more reason! ;-)

Now I just dream of a ride in the new N700, a tour in Popondetta and ramen along the river...

Samurai_Chris

Ya think ???

Anyway, here are my pics.. Not the best...

The Box

P2190061.jpg

Inside

P2190063.jpg

Instruction booklet and decals

P2190064.jpg

And here is my daughters namesake!

P2190065.jpg

And with my Kato 800 Tsubame

P2190066.jpg

• Like 2