Street Lights - Lamp Posts

Guest Closed Account 1

Guest Closed Account 1

I'm looking for some N Scale Long Arm Lamp Posts that illuminate. The 4 Globe fixtures as seen in this picture are not necessary right now.

post-436-13569927023607_thumb.jpg

Steven - What a great idea! Just checking to see if I've got this right.....before you bend the pole, you feed an insulated wire down the tube, then bend it, cut the wire on the LEDs and solder them on to the insulated wire?

...before you bend the pole, you feed an insulated wire down the tube, then bend it, cut the wire on the LEDs and solder them on to the insulated wire?

Either way works, but it's easiest to feed the wire through a straight pole.

Steven, nice article on the streetlights - simple and effective. Perhaps you could use Milliput or similar to make the lamp bodies? I did see an article in an American model magazine on building HO scale streetlights where the author used epoxy putty and miniature Fresnel lenses, but they'd probably be overscale for N.

Cheers,

Mark.

Milliput eh? I do need some sort of malleable putty... that can be easily painted and wont transmit light.

But that's on the todo list when everything else is in place :)

Guest Closed Account 1

That's a nice way to do it.

The Tram above is from Belgium. Brought over last century and recently put back into service after refurbishing.