World Craft Steam Locomotive Kits - any experience?

Sir Madog

Martijn Meerts

Received the EF53 and the cute little car today. At first glance, the car seems easy enough to put together, the EF53 on the other hand ....

If you think the small detail parts that come with many Kato and Tomix loco's are tiny, you'd best not ever order a World Kougei kit .. There are some items that are so small I can't really see what it's supposed to be ;)

The kit comes with 2 motors btw, 1 for each of the main bogies, no lights however, no additional weight for the frame either, except for 2 small pieces. Of course, with it being brass, it should be heavy enough. The brass sheet that holds the parts for the main structure and bogies is fairly thick brass, probably around half a millimeter. The detailing on this particular kit are far beyond what's workable in plastic. It would likely be possible to create the amount of detail in plastic, but it'd be way to fragile. Things like railings actually look like they're the correct scale.

I was home late today, and had to check up on my NAS which had started going berserk earlier, so haven't had much time to really unpack it all. Once I do though, I'll post some pictures of all the bits and pieces of both the loco and the car.

I'm looking forward to building the things, but at the same time it looks like a rather daunting task, might need to get the instructions translated first, just to be safe ;)

If you think the small detail parts that come with many Kato and Tomix loco's are tiny, you'd best not ever order a World Kougei kit .. There are some items that are so small I can't really see what it's supposed to be ;).

LOL thats what i saw in those assembly articles, i couldnt tell what some of the parts were even in the close up photos!

will be fun to see the progress of the models being built!

cheers

jeff

Martijn Meerts

A thread about the assembly would fit perfectly in the "personal project" section.

Already started the threads, but not sure when I can/will start building though...