in densha cafe :p

keitaro

so yeah recently went to a train cafe in osaka after going to the train markets at the business centre nearby.

http://r.gnavi.co.jp/ka13801/

My family and i are on this webpage in the photos.

thought i might post this up as the workers were really nice and was something different.

basically has a train layout through the cafe and you can pay to play with the set or watch it on auto driving past.

they have a collection of trains to choose and show train dvd's on the screen as well as toy trains for the kids.

also the children get a shinkansen dinner plate set haha my son loved it but was really tired by the time we got there.

he was more busy playing with the plate than eating haha

post-484-13569926930626_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hum... too bad I missed that when I (shortly) lived in Osaka. I was mostly hanging around Kujo, Nanba, Dotonburri, Den-Den and Tennoji.  :sad: The only densha café I visited while in Japan was in Nara.

Yeah. Your family is quite easy to spot on this page Gaijin-san.  :grin

I've seen a shop in Asakusa (Kappabashi) where you can buy those Shinkansen plates. It was a bit too heavy (and expensive) for my use of it, but I definitely love them! :-)

Hum... too bad I missed that when I (shortly) lived in Osaka. I was mostly hanging around Kujo, Nanba, Dotonburri, Den-Den and Tennoji.  :sad: The only densha café I visited while in Japan was in Nara.

Yeah. Your family is quite easy to spot on this page Gaijin-san.  :grin

My schedule was so bloody tight, I never got to check that place out.

There is a father that I have sometimes seen at Shinjuku. The last time, he was at the Narita Express platform with his son in a baby carriage. He was talking to his son as they looked at the trains. He later took out his cell phone and snapped a photo of the train. Are you one of these?

Best wishes,

Grant

Oh man i would spend too much time at one of these!

I want a shinkansen plate! it would be perfect with my n700 chopsticks! unfortunately would be over $40 for one... wife would also think i had totally lost it as well...

cheers

jeff

I'd be there eating sushi and playing with the trains on a daily basis =)

...for about two days until you go broke. I recall they weren't all that cheap.  :laugh:

Martijn Meerts

I almost spend as much as the entry + an hour use on sushi alone when I go pick some up at the sushi bar close to the office.. Tuna & salmon sushi costs 12.50 euro (16.70 dollar, 1382 yen) for 2 tuna nigiri, 2 salmon nigiri, 3 bits of tuna maki and 3 bits of salmon maki .. Sure does taste good though =)

There is a father that I have sometimes seen at Shinjuku. The last time, he was at the Narita Express platform with his son in a baby carriage. He was talking to his son as they looked at the trains. He later took out his cell phone and snapped a photo of the train. Are you one of these?

Best wishes,

Grant

Nah not me when in jpn I can usually be seen @ tennoji, mamba or Izumi fuchu stations haha.

Not to hard to spot a gaijin.

They recently been upgrading the kix rapid with advert tv's btw another train I'd like to add to my collection if I ever make a board with an electric track