homemade motorized type 7000

Tosaden

Hi,

I wanted to complete my layout and ordered some part directly in Japan. Upon other parts I bought the kit no. 46-1 from Greenmax consisting of 4 models of type 6000 and type 7000 and the Tomytec chassis TM-03.

P1040386.JPG

I know that there are motorized models of this tramcar, but I like it to build new and individual models ;-)

So I modified the chassis that I can fit into the body of the tramcar. The original chassis is about 2mm wider than the body, but it was not difficult to reduce the width and so both parts fit together:

P1040390.JPG

As a size comparison you can see a 1 Euro coin, but you all know how small N models are ;-) I usually build H0 models and for me N models are very tiny ;-)

Today I painted and decorated the model with the enclosed decals.

P1040398.JPG

I think it is a really nice model, isn´t it ?

I hope you will like it, too.

• Like 5

Hi,

I wanted to complete my layout and ordered some part directly in Japan. Upon other parts I bought the kit no. 46-1 from Greenmax consisting of 4 models of type 6000 and type 7000 and the Tomytec chassis TM-03.

P1040386.JPG

I know that there are motorized models of this tramcar, but I like it to build new and individual models ;-)

So I modified the chassis that I can fit into the body of the tramcar. The original chassis is about 2mm wider than the body, but it was not difficult to reduce the width and so both parts fit together:

P1040390.JPG

As a size comparison you can see a 1 Euro coin, but you all know how small N models are ;-) I usually build H0 models and for me N models are very tiny ;-)

Today I painted and decorated the model with the enclosed decals.

P1040398.JPG

I think it is a really nice model, isn´t it ?

I hope you will like it, too.

Very nice tram , Tosaden. Does it have a working catenary system as seen in the last picture?

Can you tell (or show) us how you narrowed the Tomytec chassis? The outer edges are where the motor carrier and metal weight snap in, to be held in place. If you remove the outer edges, you have to hold the motor, etc. in place by some other method.

Rich K.

@Nozomi4ever:

No, the catanary is not functionally. It is an elastic line from EZ Line. I´ve ordered it via ebay in the USA: http://www.bobeshobbyhouse.com/ezl.html

@brill27mcb:

I made some pics to explore my modifications. That´s easier than writing hundred of words ;-)

P1040399.JPG

Here you can see how I hold the motor in place. I removed both outer edges and put a piece of wire around the motor and the base.

Also I removed the edges in the chassis and glued new ones 1mm higher for the new drive.

P1040400.JPG

Just another view inside the car. I added 5g to increase the weight. I soldered the contacts directly to the motor.

• Like 2