been thinking

keitaro

Martijn Meerts

Well, if you already don't like how the cars are done in the 7000, I guess you won't like that train :)

I happen to have the Super Azusa as well, and it's a great train. It runs really smooth, and has a tilting mechanism so it leans into curves, which looks pretty cool.

Trains consisting of coaches that are articulated (and have shorter bodies) look much better than coupled coaches do when rounding our too-tight model railway curves.

Rich K.

keitaro - is the question which one you're thinking of purchasing?

My first question is are you running the trains on a DC or DCC system?

If it's DCC, my experience go with the Kato E351 Super AZUSA. Kato trains are easier to install a decoder.

If you are going DC I still like the E351 Super AZUSA, its also a tilt train.

Well that particular Romance car is sold out. I think it's out of print until they do a new run. But honestly... Those Odakyu cars are gorgeous, or, if you can get your hands on the VSE 50000 with full electrical pick up through all 9 bogies on the articulated points. You won't regret it. They are beautiful through curves. If anything, I run these way more than I run my Super Azusa.

Well that particular Romance car is sold out. I think it's out of print until they do a new run. But honestly... Those Odakyu cars are gorgeous, or, if you can get your hands on the VSE 50000 with full electrical pick up through all 9 bogies on the articulated points. You won't regret it. They are beautiful through curves. If anything, I run these way more than I run my Super Azusa.

My experience with the VSE 50000 was that it won't clear any anything under C280 and won't clear some Tomix switches because the skirt catches on the manual throw.  The Nagano Electric Railway Romancecar is being reissued and is available for reservation.

There are RomanceCars sold to the Nagano Electric Railway and run as a four car train.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10053401

Interesting. Without that information about the prototype I would have just assumed it was another crazy-minimalist Tomix set and skipped it over.

That's the same railway that bought two Series 253 JR East sets to be cut down to three car sets for the Snow Monkey limited express.

keitaro - is the question which one you're thinking of purchasing?

My first question is are you running the trains on a DC or DCC system?

If it's DCC, my experience go with the Kato E351 Super AZUSA. Kato trains are easier to install a decoder.

If you are going DC I still like the E351 Super AZUSA, its also a tilt train.

yeah just doing regular DC.

yeah to purchase. my layout i`m making will not be using my shinkansen nor my other regular passenger train.

planning on runing my two kiha`s on it, my Thomas occasionally for my son to watch etc. and want to get a sleeper or express train to run on it.

Guest JRF-1935

Hi,

Am new to the forum, but I like it a lot!  I have the early Tomix set of the Odakyu Romance Train and it's a beauty and runs "very" smooth. 

Rich C

Hi,

Am new to the forum, but I like it a lot!  I have the early Tomix set of the Odakyu Romance Train and it's a beauty and runs "very" smooth. 

Rich C

Rich - Welcome to the forum!

Do you have any photos you could share of the Romance train? What would be great is a photo showing how the cars couple together. (For example, when I first got my French TVG I was surprised at how they coupled together.)

Guest JRF-1935

Hi Bernard and thank you for the welcome.  Right now a friend of mine has the train and is taking pictures of it.  When he sends the pictures of the train I will post them along with a picture of the case and model number.

Rich C

Guest JRF-1935

Hi Bernard,

Here are some pictures of the early Tomix Odakyu Romance car, along with the model number.  Coupling is made by the clip at the top.  Fits tight.  One unique thing about this model is the motor car (#8) is in the wrong spot in the box.  To have the proper consist you have to switch #8 with the #7 car.   Don't know if this was a mistake in package production, but not hard to figure out from the included diagram.  

Rich C

post-0-13569926941784_thumb.jpg

post-0-13569926942069_thumb.jpg

post-0-13569926942356_thumb.jpg

• Like 1