C55 - Matching Passenger Cars

sedril

I picked up a MicroACE C55-20 ( http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10100669 )

and after having it pull around some 1950's CN passenger cars, I'm looking for

some period appropriate 1930's Japanese passenger cars.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I've tried searching the web, and I can find a few pages of information on the

locomotive itself but not what it would of have been pulling.

bikkuri bahn

Sedril, I'm on a public terminal now, so I don't have the time now to provide detailed,specific suggestions, but first of all, 1930's era passenger cars (if indeed that is the era you want to simulate) are less common than post war types on the commercial market.  Post war, you have lots of options (C55 types operated up to the late sixties/early seventies in Kyushu and Hokkaido).  Basically, any brown-color passenger types (what US modelers would call "heavyweight") would be appropriate.  The C55 were light passenger pacifics, rated for up to express (but not limited express or sleeper) trains.  In their later years, they hauled mainly local passenger trains.  I'm not an expert on N scale passenger cars, others on this forum are much more knowledgeable about that, perhaps they can give suggestions.  Once I'm back home, I can give more specific prototype info.

If it's pre WW2 coaches then see if you can get hold of the Modemo coach sets, but these have been out of production, sadly, for a number of years.

The 32/33/35 series coaches from Kato and Tomix are 1930s types.

I am not sure which lines the C55-20 operated on in its streamlined condition but I would assume them to be on Honshu.

Although containing some post war cars the Kato boxed set with the 12 wheel observation car would not look out of place.