Wow cool.

domino

Quite a train collection even if the layout hasn't been ballasted, and computer controlled too!  And it hides out of the way as a light fixture too!! Way too cool.    :grin

Brian,

Excellent! lots of cool ideas there. man i thought doing a few ships in the bottle as a kid was tough! there at least almost all the ship modeling was done outside the bottle! i would hate to think how you would need to assemble structures inside those bottles! ouch! always thought of doing a little layout in some sort of odd fixture like that, i had a small goldfish tank i made out of an old Mac Plus in grad school!

suitcase layouts were wonderful. loved the final setup where he had two suitcases that then had temporary scenery blocks and track along the table. we fiddled with maybe something like this for JRM at points to combine a full detailed layout with the free form conceptual approach together. after seeing this it brings that back into thought!

love the little scene with the laundry line that appears to have a small blower on it to make it wave in the wind (or maybe just some breeze in the room?) anyway great animation idea! may have to steal that one, hang laundry on a hair! curt start cutting out N scale clothing!

Printed acetate trams shells were also very cool. wonder when someone is going to market templates like this for the tomytec and kato mechanisms? i have a few but most are pretty crude. this idea is picking up in T scale to make a variety of trains from the chassises.

like the idea of moulding the E-Z water pellets to make clear shapes! very cool. could mould something with sculpy, bake that at the master and then do the ez water into that. now thinking that maybe the ez water might be a quick way to mould some plastic items than doing resin. hmmm..

thanks again lots of ideas there!

cheers

jeff

bikkuri bahn

Imagine ballasting inside a bottle  :grin

Yeah, I had the same thought.  Talk about frustration upon frustration...Anyway, a very nice group of topics.  I like the emphasis on DR prototypes, as well as featuring TT scale.  Makes sense as the production company appears to be based in Leipzig (nice city, btw, with an awesome railway station).

Interesting for me was the man who creates his own tram models in N from computer printing on clear plastic. He also uses Tomix track, which I thought was very hard to get in Europe.

Rich K.

Interesting for me was the man who creates his own tram models in N from computer printing on clear plastic. He also uses Tomix track, which I thought was very hard to get in Europe.

Rich K.

There's a dealer in Germany.

http://www.japanmodelrailways.com/english.html

Plus the usual Plaza Japan and Hobby Search outlets.  From time to time I come across Plaza Japan's Italian language eBay listings.

Rich K.

Not so hard for anyone having an Internet connexion and a credit card! ;-)

Speaking of it, I will make an order soon, I want a nice overhead station for my Shinkansen to stop! :-)

I find funny that he runs his trams on overhead tracks instead of taking advantage of Tomix tight radius tracks.

Loved the whole video, I had the opportunity of reminding a bit on German I lost since high school.

Interesting to see people print out models on overhead sheets. Looks quite easy to do actually, but I'd support the bodywith a more sturdy chassis of wood or styrene. Just to ensure a longer chance of survival. :cheesy

its interesting that the hodie hiroshima and nagasaki trams dont appear to have a lot of internal bracing (i have not torn mine apart yet), but those mechanisms are pretty rectangular and fill up most of the bottom half of the trams so i guess that braces them well. also their plastic is a much heavier acetate than the stuff you can usually get for a printer, expect they silk screen or sponge print theirs anyway.

i think you are right though, a few well placed strips of 040 styrene would really stiffen them up a lot and probably lengthen their life spans.

jeff

Plenty of Japanese modellers build trains out of printed cardstock, bracing them with a few wooden dowels. One of the popular railroading magazines even has a cardboard insert each month that you can cut out, assemble, paint to make your own train.

Rich K.

Found this seller on Ebay offering a number of articulated tram model "kits" made this way (printed on overhead transparency material):

http://shop.ebay.com/stadtverkehr-bastelbogen/m.html

I have no connection to this seller.

Rich K.

Found this seller on Ebay offering a number of articulated tram model "kits" made this way (printed on overhead transparency material):

http://shop.ebay.com/stadtverkehr-bastelbogen/m.html

I have no connection to this seller.

Rich K.

That seller is the guy from TV. This is his homepage: http://www.stadtverkehr-bastelbogen.de/

By the way, he is currently working on custom-made tramway track (including turnouts).