Two terrible accidents occured on New Years Day!! :(

Nozomi4ever

Hey there .

It didn't seems that we have a good first of January this year..We had two accidents occured on this day.

First, it 's a highspeed X2000 train overrun at Malmo station.. (Majority of the train unit is destroyed.. ) :sad:

Source: http://www.sydsvenskan.se/malmo/article1342640/Se-lasarbilderna-fran-tagkraschen.html

Lastly , we have a Russian Tupolev-154 aircraft burned up at a Russian airport during engine startup killing 3 people and injuring 46 people!!  :sad:

Source: http://www.itar-tass.com/eng/level2.html?NewsID=15833506&PageNum=0

o_482443.jpg

RIP to the passengers and crew of that flight and also to Swedish Railway for losing a powered-rail unit.. :(

Chan

If your time's up New Year's Day is no different to any other :sad:

The report on the Swedish incident says the driver was at the other end of the train reversing into the platform. I wonder if this is normal procedure, our rules in Brisbane say we have to drive from the leading cab unless it's disabled.

Incorrect report (understandable - there were many version of the story the first hours after the accident).

The driver was at the front of the train. He was only trained for "local driving" from the depot to the station, i.e. not for full-speed line traffic.

The reason has not been established yet - but the latest news indicates "Human error".

That's the second X2 set SJ lost in the last year. The other one run into a track maintenance vehicle standing to close to the track. One killed, many injured. The train looked like it had been opened by a can opener.

Incorrect report (understandable - there were many version of the story the first hours after the accident).

The driver was at the front of the train. He was only trained for "local driving" from the depot to the station, i.e. not for full-speed line traffic.

The reason has not been established yet - but the latest news indicates "Human error".

That's the second X2 set SJ lost in the last year. The other one run into a track maintenance vehicle standing to close to the track. One killed, many injured. The train looked like it had been opened by a can opener.

An inaccurate report on a rail crash in the news media, who'd have thought.

...The driver was at the front of the train. He was only trained for "local driving" from the depot to the station, i.e. not for full-speed line traffic. The reason has not been established yet - but the latest news indicates "Human error".

Jeez, that was some hit-up. Hope the bloke driving is okay. But as the old saying goes, if the accident doesn't kill you, the inquiry will.

Cheers,

Mark.

...The driver was at the front of the train. He was only trained for "local driving" from the depot to the station, i.e. not for full-speed line traffic. The reason has not been established yet - but the latest news indicates "Human error".

Jeez, that was some hit-up. Hope the bloke driving is okay. But as the old saying goes, if the accident doesn't kill you, the inquiry will.

Cheers,

Mark.

Well said, I hope the driver is okay but I wonder what the final cost was for all the damages?