What was your first Japanese tram purchase?

bill937ca

It were a bunch of Meitetsu MO510 from Modemo.

I've bought four Enoden 1000 Series. However, as the Enoden isn't considered a tram line, they aren't trams, but trains. They really do pack some power, whereas the Meitetsu MO510 already have trouble with 2 extra cars.

As for now, I'm making a small interurban layout for them to run on.

Hi,

my first japanese tram was the Tosa Dentetsu model in H0 scale. I build a small diorama for it:

P1040605.JPG

Then I switched to N and my next tram was the same:

P1040237.JPG

• Like 1
Nick_Burman

My first tram was a Modemo Toden 3000 series car (my first Japanese model of any kind), followed by a Meitetsu Mo 510 car in all-red version. However at the time I had little interest in using them in a proper Japanese context - I bought them as stop-gap models to cover the lack of N scale US prototype models. To add injury to calumny I later "desecrated" the models by replacind the Toden's bow collector and the 510's narrow pan with standard Tomytec pans. Now I don't know what to do with them...

Cheers NB

Hi,my first japanese tram was the Tosa Dentetsu model in H0 scale. I build a small diorama for it:

NICE!  :grin

Cheers,

Mark.

Guest Closed Account 1

It was quite a surprise to see Kato release 3 more Trams the green, yellow, and purple.

That's 9 Trams total and it's time for me to plan for a roundhouse.

All the Kato Trams can now be reserved at HS

It was quite a surprise to see Kato release 3 more Trams the green, yellow, and purple.

That's 9 Trams total and it's time for me to plan for a roundhouse.

All the Kato Trams can now be reserved at HS

It is incredible, and more incredible is that they are still well behind Tomytec, even for that style alone. It's a great time for tram/trolley modelers!

Rich K.

Hobby Dreamer
my first japanese tram was the Tosa Dentetsu model in H0 scale. I build a small diorama for it:

Hi Tosaden

That is an impressive layout...  I love the offset and all the things you must have made yourself...

It's a great time for tram/trolley modelers!

Finally!  I've always loved trams but that aside, space limitations etc make trams ideal. Its also a great way to start this hobby, in a small way, to see what aspects you might like. I know that trams have had a lot of attention here but suspect they must be popular in Japan as well.

Rick

Hi Tosaden

That is an impressive layout...  I love the offset and all the things you must have made yourself...

Hi,

Yes, I built evrything except the tram by myself. I will make a new thread for it in the personal projects area.

Hobby Dreamer
Hi,

Yes, I built evrything except the tram by myself. I will make a new thread for it in the personal projects area.

That's great work... The offset on the road really adds and you did a great job with the track..

I like the wiring and poles...

Is there a video screen in one of the buildings?

Rick

Guest Closed Account 1

Behold the Black Pearl!

My little Black Kato Centram 14-802-3 arrived today.

The LED lamps are the bluer type. Probably easier on the eyes of the pub crawlers. LOL.

It gets lapped by the original Red (Boxster) Portram. Probably just needs another hour of break in time.

I like to warm up the Trams on a simple oval consisting of the Kato 216 curves and one of the straight sides replaced with more 216 curves for some articulation exercises.  This really loosens up the Trams. When they are cold and stiff they can derail because the bodies just won't articulate.

post-436-13569927479531_thumb.jpg