My newest city building..Heljan #603 kitbashed...development proposal

This was a very very very time consuming kitbash! I love how it turned out...and I am glad I'm done...Wow...what a lot of work.

This is also more of a North American style building so I hope it's o.k. to post it here.

Anyways before I post a few pics... I uploaded a bunch of pics to my flickr account and made a set for just this building. You can view how I made this and the rest of the photos here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55063726@N00/sets/72157625622509416/with/5270323851/

I sold a build version of this building over a year ago..I was not happy with how it looked and It took me till this week to finally get to redoing that structure. Here's the building kits I bought off ebay.

5270920248_68a6442495_z.jpg

Here's the final and completed model..

5270323851_a2d0d35743_z.jpg

5270323481_8eb546f3e1_z.jpg

5270927844_7cd3fa019b_z.jpg

5270321853_0c5f68c9a9_z.jpg

5270927518_5b3b95412d_z.jpg

Like I mentioned .. please check out my other pics of this kitbash. I'll probably start another one this weekend... Though I'll take a day off tomorrow from any modeling...this one was a lot of work..though it was a lot of fun. I'm so happy with how it turned out.

All the best, Bob

When I looked at the picture, I couldn't stop a big "WHOOOAAAHH" coming out my mouth...

This is purely amazing the word you've done here. You should share your process with us here, it could be really useful as your work is brilliant! :-)

Kumo, Thanks for your very kind words.

I'll try and add a few more pics this week. I find posting these pics and uploading photos a lot of work on top of the work involved of building these buildings. I spend hours on the computer uploading all my pics, sorting through which ones to post, edit, crop etc, then post them all on flickr. I then organize them into sets, add comments to each photo..about 45 pics for this building, commenting on what I did, how I did it etc. Then I take these sets about 100 of them now and I've organized them into alphabetical order according the manufacturer of the kits, so viewers can browse through the various sets easily. I'm currently closing in on a Million views on my flickr account. Some of my individual sets have over 10,000 views, where some of the newest ones my only have a hundred.

I've done this to share my work and to share how I've made each of my many many buildings. When I started I was always being asked how I did a building etc. on various forums, then someone would ask again and I would have a really hard time finding old forum posts and threads to direct them so I didn't have the repost. In the end I decided...what the heck.. I'll just take various photos as I build each new building and post them on my flickr account. Just on this building last night I spent 3 hours online tagging pics, organizing this set etc. This is why I usually post a few pics and then post the link to my account.

That said... I'll post some pics on here too. More than anything I appreciate the feedback I get from everyone, and even the compliments. It keeps me motivated. And most importantly I've met some awesome people on these forums, who in turn have helped me immensely improve my work. I look at my buildings from several years ago and I cringe...so much work...but I could have done so much better! :D But this is what the hobby is about, sharing ideas, growing in your skill, helping others, other's helping you etc. I have learned so much from other people on these forums...I'm so grateful.

This is why I'd love to post some more pics and share how I did this building. It'll be a couple of days before I get the time to do this however. That all said thanks for your kind words!

Bob

Bernard and Jeff...

Also thanks to both of your encouragement. I am ecstatic with how this building turned out. It is by far my personal favorite to date. I put everything I have learned to date in modeling into this model. I also experimented with new ideas on aging and weathering that I had never done before so I'm lucky I didn't ruin it. hahahaa. Really some of these ideas came out of the blue... I was like... I wonder??? such as adding methyl chloride with charcoal dust, charcoal with water, paint and charcoal together, and many other techniques I've never tried...like I said... if it didn't work.. It could have made a big mess...but It turned out awesome. I'm very happy with it.

it.