Modeling Australian Trains in N gauge?

gmat

How are fans of Australian train models faring? I've seen a Yahoo forum but haven't registered to view it yet. Are there any others perhaps like this one? I read the thread on real Australian trains here and I think I read a thread here on n gauge Australian trains before but I can't find it.

Thank you for any help.

Best wishes,

Grant

There's even less available if you are from long ignored by the mainstream Australian model railway and railfan community state of Queensland. For many years you would have thought nothing existed outside the borders of New South Wales or Victoria, it was, and still is, not unusual to find 200 odd page photo books on Australian railways with two or three pictures from Queensland.

...it was, and still is, not unusual to find 200 odd page photo books on Australian railways with two or three pictures from Queensland.

I've noticed this too, and always thought it sad. The modern QR is a very interesting and photogenic railway. The old QR, which I'm very familiar with from childhood holiday visits to relatives, was an amazing collection of old and new, the weird and the wonderful. One of my fondest memories is of travelling from North Rockhampton to Yeppoon on the mixed on New Years Eve 1974 or thereabouts. A 1620, a rake of flatwagons with pineapple boxes, and one of those beautiful old passenger brake vans. At first the crew thought I was mad, but it wasn't long before I was on the ground with the guard, shunting. What a night!

Cheers,

Mark.

Well , there 's one Australian tram modelled by a German manufacturer:

AdelTram.jpg

And sorry to be out of topic, they produce three types of Japanese trams too in HO and N..

Kumamoto Adtranz(HO scale)

61500M.jpg

61501S.jpg

Nagasaki Combino(N scale)

CombinoNagasakiNSpur.JPG

Hiroshima Combino(N scale)

CombinoHirishimaNSpur.JPG