I started a new n scale high rise project this week. Tomytec apartment building

So this is where I'm at on this building.

I uploaded a whole slue of pics onto my flickr account to how I got it to this point.

can be viewed here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55063726@N00/sets/72157625345559077/with/5240057283/

I did a lot of cutting , grinding, sanding etc. I still have a lot of work to do to this building. It took a while to figure out how I would make use of all the extra parts to make this as tall as I could with the two kits.

5240055829_c34eabc755_z.jpg

5240057283_7377a238ac_z.jpg

More pics to come tomorrow or the next day. I'll have this finished tomorrow.

• Like 1

Is that 5 Tomytec buildings that you used plus the Greenmax kit?

Nice work, kitbashing is one area of modeling that I'm afraid to mess up....you get great results.

Bernard...thanks for the kind words. Trust me every time I start cutting and shaving parts down on the sander I get nervous...will this be the one I absolutely ruin. This one I was unsure about in several ways. That said...its turning out really well. The pics don't do this one justice. When I get it completely done, I'll take some pics outside and try to get some natural lighting on it.

Also This came from just two of these building kits.

5208857110_25040d87b9_z.jpg

I posted a link as to the various steps to make it taller above.

Thanks again...Bob

My latest update...

Here's my updated pics of this building...It's done and completed I am very excited with how this apartment building turned out.

5248000416_be7be8e266_z.jpg

5247999550_cee2af1ded_z.jpg

5247999006_dfbb26e8cf_z.jpg

5247997824_6359216452_z.jpg

5247392427_9ff0450e0e_z.jpg

5247389705_c0fd0ebe65_z.jpg

5247997354_384b3218c2_z.jpg

5247391151_a092535e75_z.jpg

I've uploaded a lot of pics besides these ones on the flickr Link I posted earlier. Lots of them are stages as to how I made the model and a few other final pics.

Again...I am so happy with how this turned out...I'm very excited to have this model in my city building collection.

I'm starting my next building tonight. :D

Scaper - which building did you start out with? (kato?)

Hey Bernard! :D  Yes the curved building is a Kato kit. They are prebuilt but look pretty plastic like..no details etc. I found by doing some minor weathering and detailing it looks so much better. There's a few pics on the link I posted sort of before and after. This is one example of just the roof section.

4614304647_7da2a089ba_z.jpg

5250561905_a171e1402a_z.jpg

It's not perfect as I kinda rushed this one. I should have cleaned up some of the excess paint etc. That said it still looks so much better.

I also started a new little project tonight. It's more North American... ( my city is going to be a Canadian City) but I'll still post the pics on here tomorrow sometime. I spent 5 hours on it last night...I'm not quite half way through yet.

Scaper- I love this IMAX theatre.. It just looks so realistic! :cheesy

Thanks for the kind words!  I appreciate the warm feedback.

All the best, Bob

I love what you do to the curve building, for me I was thinking of SilverCity but IMAX is much better.

Which Canadian City will you be doing?  I always thought you are doing Vancouver from the pics I saw from your link.

Hezekiah Strawbody

So this is where I'm at on this building.

I uploaded a whole slue of pics onto my flickr account to how I got it to this point.

can be viewed here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55063726@N00/sets/72157625345559077/with/5240057283/

I did a lot of cutting , grinding, sanding etc. I still have a lot of work to do to this building. It took a while to figure out how I would make use of all the extra parts to make this as tall as I could with the two kits.

5240055829_c34eabc755_z.jpg

5240057283_7377a238ac_z.jpg

More pics to come tomorrow or the next day. I'll have this finished tomorrow.

Was wondering how people were going to get out of that elevator shaft  :grin

Hezekiah Strawbody

There's an open walk way along the back wall.

I know that - I was talking about where the top of the shaft finished half way up the side of the top floor.

I love what you do to the curve building, for me I was thinking of SilverCity but IMAX is much better.

Which Canadian City will you be doing?  I always thought you are doing Vancouver from the pics I saw from your link.

Thanks for your compliments.

I am going to make a silvercity building too. I've got an HO porche dealership from Vollmer that will be the base of a modern office tower, and will host a silvercity theater. :D

As for my city..I think it will be a fictional city in British Columbia. I ended up selling my tall atlas skyscraper model with the restaurant top section on it, on ebay this year. I got a good price for it. I'll be redoing a signature tower of some sort in the near future. I've not figured it out yet. :D

Thanks again, Bob

There's an open walk way along the back wall.

I know that - I was talking about where the top of the shaft finished half way up the side of the top floor.

This model is weird. On the inside of the elevator shaft section that glues to apartment building..that wall has a bunch of doors on it. These doors line up with the lower level balconies. The top two doors line up with the side of the building that you never see.  I figure these doors on the top two floors are accessing the condo. The top too floors are recessed at the top and the back of the condo's line up with these two doors. So I assume these doors open straight into the elevator building and into the condos. I assume that the top two floors have security cards for the top two floors for access. I've seen this in usual penthouses in condos. :D

All said.. I really like the design of this building. It's so unique and different than any other apartment building I have. I really like how it looks. I also really like  it better taller too. :D

Thanks again for your feedback and thoughts on my model. :D