SBB RAe II "Gottardo" TEE 6

Tecchan

What do you think about this model?

KA-K11400_03_lg.jpg

http://www.newhallstation.com/images-lib/kato_n_scale/KA-K11400/

It seems like a nice one and it exists in lightened and non-lightened. I prefer the Euro City (the grey one, aka the grey mouse) but I passed in front of a hobby shop this morning (completely be mistake, I even forgot it existed) and they have really good prices on it.

I wanted to know if someone owns it and what he might think of it.

Hi!

it's a good model, better than the old release (Hobbytrain) but is the same train, the mold is 20 years old (don't have the same quality like the last release).

The coupling system has been changed, (the old system is a really shit, simple to be broke) the new one is good. The light equipped version have a little "brake" effect on boogies (caused from current pick-up I think)

Right price for the RAe (red/cream) is now around 180-200 euro, the RAbe 150-180 (two tone grey paint), add 30-40 euro for factory light equipped version (but sometime you find the light equipped at the same price on ebay).

If you need HD photo let me know...

ciao

Massimo 

I feel really tempted... But I don't really like the cream/red livery. He also has the Grey Mouse but full price... I should try to talk with him and see if he makes me a price if I take them both...

Anyone would be interested of purchasing one? Maybe I can arrange a deal...

Anyway... If you have some pictures of it to help me make my decision, it would be sweet! :-)

Hi Kumo!

a little selection of HD photos, if you need more, ask to me

http://picasaweb.google.com/massimo.biolcati/RAeRAbe#

ciao

Massimo

Thnaks a lot!

The Grey Mouse is really awesome!

But unfortunately, he wasn't making sales prices on this one so I HAD TO buy the beige+red one! :-)

It looks really nice and it's my first non JP train! I wouldn't have started with this one, but the price was the one of a japanese train on a Swiss model, couldn't resist!

I didn't have the time to run it but (as I'm unemployed at the moment... :-( ) I plan to make a small layout tomorrow to try it!!

Well.. I am not sure which is the best... ???

mmmhh... I'm not sure is a good choice to run N and H0 trains in the same layout  :cheesy

maybe is better if you compare Marklin and Lima (both in H0), in N you have only the old Hobbytrain and the new Kato (but at 99% is the same train, only coupling system has been changed)

ciao

Massimo

Well.. I am not sure which is the best... ???

mmmhh... I'm not sure is a good choice to run N and H0 trains in the same layout  :cheesy

maybe is better if you compare Marklin and Lima (both in H0), in N you have only the old Hobbytrain and the new Kato (but at 99% is the same train, only coupling system has been changed)

ciao

Massimo

Oh, I didn't notice it was HO, sorry!

"Oh yeah, my O scale train is far more detailed than your T scale train, yours sucks" ;-)  :grin

I still didn't have the time to run mine but I built a big layout today, I'll probably test my train (and run the orthers) soon! :-)

I finally had some time to test run it! :-)

Looks great but I wasn't expecting the dining car to be lightened. It's rather a good surprise, but just too bad that this is the only lightened car. If I had known, maybe I would have bought the full lightened one (it was also in sale).

Anyway, this is a nice model and this is my first non-japanese N scale model! :-)

I made a small video (sadly with my iPhone 3Gs) on my Tomix viaduct! (it's going a little too fast for my taste)

• Like 1

I finally had some time to test run it! :-)

Looks great but I wasn't expecting the dining car to be lightened. It's rather a good surprise, but just too bad that this is the only lightened car. If I had known, maybe I would have bought the full lightened one (it was also in sale).

Anyway, this is a nice model and this is my first non-japanese N scale model! :-)

I made a small video (sadly with my iPhone 3Gs) on my Tomix viaduct! (it's going a little too fast for my taste)

Nice train.. But it is even better if you spice it up with Loksound... :)