Non-Stop JR East action--Oji Station Tokyo

bill937ca

Just a few steps from the park in Tokyo Asukayama Oji Station North District can be taken at once to the Toei Arakawa streetcar line from the train and local trains.

Please let me know if you have other attractions.

• Like 2

Awesome video.... So much train action. Bill do you make these videos or are they you tube finds? That scene would make fo an interesting mini layout.

Its a You Tube find while searching under "streetcar" translated into Japanese.

CaptOblivious

What a great station! I love the way it's embedded in that dense urban context. The Arakawa line underneath is just icing on the cake. I might have to put this on my list of north-Tokyo stations to model…damn you Bill! :D

There are four levels at this station, three are visible in the video. From top to bottom these are:

JR East Shikansen 1435mm:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JR East 1067mm lines: Keihin-Tohoku, (plus JRF etc.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toden Arakawa streetcar 1372mm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tokyo Metro Namboku line 1067mm                              (underground)

The streetcar line goes through the underpass and then makes a right turn to platforms parallel with the Keihin-Tokoku line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_RwRak0L4M