Keihan Main Line in the evening - Nakanoshima to Sanjo

miyakoji

Keihan's Main Line is a nice route and a quick connection from eastern Kyoto to eastern/central Osaka.  I haven't seen it mentioned much here.  Youtube user DR3104 has some recent driver's view videos, recorded quite successfully at night, so I thought I'd put them in a post for everyone's enjoyment.  DR3104 doesn't have as many specifically railway related videos as some other contributors, but they're very good overall and typically Kyoto-related, which I like.

1. Nakanoshima to Kyobashi - be warned that the first eight and half minutes of this is underground.

2. Kyobashi to Neyagawa-shi

3. Neyagawa-shi to Kuzuha

4. Kuzuha to Chushojima - this is through the least populated area on this line, it's fairly dark

5. Chushojima to Sanjo - above ground until about 8' 30"

• Like 1
Mudkip Orange

I posted a bunch of videos from user seishun18kinkippu covering the entire main line here.

It seems like the night train's speed over the fourtrack in NE Osaka is quite a bit slower than the day run. I can't imagine why that would be, though. Perspective?

It could be the different service level.  The video above is of a "kaisoku kyuko" service, while the daylight one is of a faster ltd. express (tokkyu).