Scenery around rice field

Guest ___

On lunch at the moment so I have pix to post, but I have my rice field down, but I now have a large open space around it of which there is not much scenery surrounding it. I know typical rice fields do not have trees anywhere near them as their root I understand will damage the field and attack the water usually in the levies where the rice grows. So the delima is what to do with the open space around the fields. I already have a farm house next to it, but there's just too much open unused space around it.

Doesn't directly address our problem, but how about this to spice up your fields? Googled rice fields in Japan....

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/japanese-rice-crop-art.shtml

Still looks photoshopped to me, though.

To your original question, looks like small dikes and roads are the most common. Perhaps you could have a road separating the fields with a stand of trees. I heard in my college Japanese Geography class that pre-war, farmers planted other crops along the small dikes/footpaths that ran through the paddies, like sweet potatoes or perhaps beans. Don't see that nowadays.

Best wishes,

Grant

On lunch at the moment so I have pix to post, but I have my rice field down, but I now have a large open space around it of which there is not much scenery surrounding it. I know typical rice fields do not have trees anywhere near them as their root I understand will damage the field and attack the water usually in the levies where the rice grows. So the delima is what to do with the open space around the fields. I already have a farm house next to it, but there's just too much open unused space around it.

Probably more rice fields!  with those little shacks dotted around, blended into dryer land with some livestock or perhaps an area where the rice is processed for transport out

I sorta have the dikes all around the field already. That's the issue is transitioning from the dikes and fields to the grassy area. I've looked at dozens of shots I found online plus the two dozen or so I took in Wakayama and Miyazaki over the years, but nothing looks right to me.

Actually Kumo, that pic is quite interesting, cause it shows that there can be vegetation ear the dikes,

Thanks! That's what I thought when I posted it.

I have one other when you can see two ducks playing in the pond! ^_^,