stepping up to the plate

colprit

Hi I am just starting out in N gauge and I posted on another forum saying this same thing and giving some info about myself as you do when you introduce yourself. ANYWAY i was more than surprised when one of the members PM 'd me saying that he new what it was like to be unemployed and on a tight budget, he then asked me for my address and my details so he could send me a loco to run around my track, Icould not believe that someone could be that generous, not only that he was in America and I live in England. Not only did he send a loco he sent me two more as well as som trucks and yrack some electric lights cars and a coach and some wire.Also he paid the postage as well. What an amazing Gift, we are now freinds and keep in touch.

I was wondering if anyone else has had a simala thing happen to them or even done something to others like my freind did.

Colin

• Like 2

Colin - That is a really nice situation that you posted about someone being generous. In some ways I've experienced that situation at this forum. Not in the way of giving a gift but the gift of time, when I'm perplexed with a problem in model railroading, members have gone out of their way to either explain or demonstrate through step by step photos, how to solve the problem.

For me, giving your time to someone else, is one of the most generous acts one can do.

colin,

thats a great story. i am a huge fan of this kind of pay it forward. damn the return or heaven/hell, just do the nice thing, make the world a little better when ever you can. it all ends up comes around to all of us then in a million ways. i think you will find this forum has a lot of folks that think this way. welcome!

cheers

jeff