JR East TV commerical- 2nd in series "My First Aomori"

bikkuri bahn

That looks like Izumiya Shigeru as ekicho in the Shin-Aomori CM.  Just checked, he's an Aomori native.  I never would have guessed, in my mind he's the foul-mouthed fisherman from that drama Dr. Koto's Clinic, which was set on one of those far-south islands.

I like that KIHA40 at the beginning of the My First Aomori clip, I hope those have several more years before they go to the big depot in the sky...

The waltz is calling from space newspapers somebodys coming to read us some bread the earth don't be afraid don't be afraid television saying don't look at it don't mention it the word is spring somebodys coming from strange world a deep voice coming from the earth strong voice coming from the space Jabdah Jabillyhah Jabdah Jabillyhah a voice is calling from space newspaper to read us some bread the earth Jabdah Jabillyhah don't be afraid don't be afraid television saying the word is spring Jabdah Jabillyhah somebodys coming from strange world a deep voice coming from the space Jabdah Jabillyhah a voice is calling from space newspaper to read us some bread the earth Jabdah Jabillyhah don't be afraid don't be afraid television saying the word is spring Jabdah Jabillyhah somebodys coming from strange world strong voice coming from the space Jabdah Jabillyhah Jabillyhah Jaaaaaaaaaaaabdaaaaaaaaah Jabillyhah Jaaaabdaaaah Jabillyhah the voice is calling from space newspapers somebodys coming to read us some bread the earth don't be afraid don't be afraid television saying don't look at it don't mention it the word is spring somebodys coming from strange world deep voice coming from a space Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaabddddddddaaaaaah

That looks like Izumiya Shigeru as ekicho in the Shin-Aomori CM.  Just checked, he's an Aomori native.  I never would have guessed, in my mind he's the foul-mouthed fisherman from that drama Dr. Koto's Clinic, which was set on one of those far-south islands.

I like that KIHA40 at the beginning of the My First Aomori clip, I hope those have several more years before they go to the big depot in the sky...

I'm sort of glad I did not do the Hokkaido trip this fall as so I can use the new station and service when I return to Tokyo from Sapporo next year rather than go the long way when I head back home. Personally, I sure hope that the Kiha 40's are still running next year up there as well.

Personally, I sure hope that the Kiha 40's are still running next year up there as well.

I wouldn't worry, the 40's are likely to be around for at least another 5 years.