Model train Stuff store- Any one have coupons codes or experience with them

Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

Looks like I will be placing an order with the. I was wondering if anyone has used them before? Any issues?

Anyone have coupon codes by chance?

Cheers

Spiff

MBK is a great place to buy from shipping is fast and service is great

i never seen a coupon code or anything like that there though

I've been donating money to them for years.  Good service, good pricing for US items.  Watch their closeouts for some good bargains too.

I too have had great experiences with MB Klein. I got a set of WS inclines that were damaged in shipping and they immediately send me a new set and told me to keep the damaged ones. Great service with fast shipping.

MB Kleins have been around a long time. they have had a retail store in baltimore for a very long time. just moved it from downtown to the burbs a year or so back. they are a distributor to other LHSs for Kato.

bought from the off an on for years. always good and fair.

cheers

jeff

I've had two orders of Kato decoders from MTS shipped down to Sydney.  Prompt, reliable and value for money.  I will happily use them again in future.

Cheers

The_Ghan

I get a lot of stuff from them and never had any complaints. I like their real time inventory system, you know if you order something they actually have it in stock and you're not left wondering whether you'll ever get that item that's on back order. As soon as you click the confirm order button the 'number in stock' goes down by the amount you ordered. They only seem to send overseas orders once a week but its worth a few days wait knowing that the rest of my order isn't sitting waiting a couple of months for an item to turn up that was just a picture on a website. If something looks like it will sell out quickly they put a limit of one or two per customer on it so everyone will get a chance.

I once made an order so big there that it shut down my Visa card (anybody ordering $500 worth of Unitrack late at night is clearly a criminal.) But yeah--always easy to deal with and helpful, never a problem.

• Like 2

(anybody ordering $500 worth of Unitrack late at night is clearly a criminal.)

Obviously!  :laugh:

Cheers,

Mark.

Spaceman Spiff

I once made an order so big there that it shut down my Visa card (anybody ordering $500 worth of Unitrack late at night is clearly a criminal.) But yeah--always easy to deal with and helpful, never a problem.

Either that or the price of unitrak is criminal.

Spiff

Spiff

I always thought $17.99 for a turnout complete with built in motor was a downright bargin, not to mention a scissors crossover with four motors already wired to put straight on the layout for $49.99. We pay twice those prices in Australia.

Well, it's not cheap, but I was ordering enough for an entire layout.

I've done that myself. I don't know any hobby shops in Australia that would have enough track in stock to build an entire layout at once.

Spiff

I always thought $17.99 for a turnout complete with built in motor was a downright bargin, not to mention a scissors crossover with four motors already wired to put straight on the layout for $49.99. We pay twice those prices in Australia.

mbkleins usually has close to the best prices around on unitrak. a few other places beat them by a few percent usually, but kleins probably has great stock as they distribute as well as sell. always wondered if this was a conflict of interest, but perhaps they have to pay the LHS distribution price to kato for their stuff to keep this on the up and up.

cheers

jeff

Guest Closed Account 1

Waiting for my Kato Shinkansen 500 sets and some track. Shipped out rather quickly as I'd expect from a hobby store. Very pleasant to deal with.