Micro Ace 813 100+500

Samurai_Chris

Samurai_Chris

Just picked up my brand spanking new Micro Ace A-6293 (813 100+500) and I have to say that the quality is outstanding.. Havn't driven it yet, but will tonight..

Picks to come...

Chris

Samurai_Chris

Ok, I just set up a test track on my desk, and decided to give her a run, and take some pics..

This is my first Micro Ace train, and I must say that I am very happy... She is pretty, and very quiet!

The red interior is a bit much, but can be re-painted to look authentic.. For now, I don't mind...

I don't use public transport much here. But will be using this service next week for my Nomikai (drinking party) for a lift home...

Anyway, here are some of the pics...

PA090003.jpg

PA100013.jpg

PA100017.jpg

PA100020.jpg

Chris

Samurai_Chris

Oh yes the 813 300?, that would be the Kokura to Orio, to Hakata local... We get them every now and then on our line, but not very often... Been on it a few times...

I was thinking about that set, they should be out now also...

Chris

Yep, the one that passes via Minami Fukuoka (where I lived).

And I want even more the Nishitetsu 5000 series with it's great color scheme and it's strange asymetric windshield. That's the one I rode every day (but I had to cross the JR lines every day to go to the Nishitetsu station).

n6000.jpg

Samurai_Chris

When you say Nishitetsu to me. It means a "Bus" company!  :cheesy

But I do know the Omuta line from Tenjin...

Chris

CaptOblivious

That's an attractive model! I like the corrugated stainless steel look, and Micro Ace seems to have captured it quite nicely.

Bugga me that's some awesome detail on that last photo.  I don't have any MicroAce trains ... but I better get myself some!!!

Cheers

The_Ghan

Samurai_Chris

The_Ghan, it looks much better in person!

Spiff. I agree, so that is why I am sticking with a theme of trains that run local to Kyushu..

Chris

Samurai_Chris

The little man and I (Sky) went on a trip to Fukuoka City (Hakata) today to let the little guy ride on a train...

I personally hate public transport and will drive everywhere, but today was special for my little man and I....

We didn't get alot of pictures of cool stuff, but Sky had a blast, as we caught the same train that we just purchased this week (JR Kyushu 813)

When we got back, my wife said that the Kyushu Tsubame 800 arrived in Hakata for the first time, but we missed it... We did get to see the Tsubame Relay, and the 885 White Sonic...

Here are the pics...

The new Hakata Station (still under development)

PA110023.jpg

Sky in front of the Tsubame Relay

PA110024.jpg

The Kyushu Tsubame Relay

PA110025.jpg

Not a great pic, but the 885 White Sonic

PA110026.jpg

Our local 813

PA110028.jpg

Sky with the 883 Sonic

PA110030.jpg

• Like 1
Samurai_Chris

Thanks Bernard..

Yeah he had a great time.. He was beat from all the walking in the city. But I took him to Yodabashi Camera to buy him some toys. So it was all worth it, and he was proud of his new purchases.. I even picked myself up a station overhead crossing, and a rail crossing set... :grin