Floor layout

richm1981

I thought I would post this because I like looking at what everyone else gets upto and so would like to share my collection.

After having to scrap my table layout due to actually needing the spare room I finally got a free weekend and the chance to set up a few layouts on my living room floor. I was desperatley trying to connect the two but after trying for several hours decided I wouldn't end up with any time to run my trains  :grin and so gave up and just made the track plans from the Kato instruction guides.

I'm looking to add a Series 885 to my collection but can't decide between the Kamone or the Whie Sonic. I'd also like a light blue double truss bridge to add to my double track because I think they look pretty cool  :cool:

Thanks

post-286-13569926277719_thumb.jpg

post-286-13569926278621_thumb.jpg

post-286-13569926279383_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for posting! Real Estate is always a problem when building a layouts, I had to wait quite a long time before we got a house with a big basement.

As for the 855 series that is one of my favorite trains, and the tilting mechanism works beautifully on the Kato version. 

Thanks. I have a V11 set with elevated curves, if the 885 Series already tilts what happens on these curves and what happens if a non tilting train is passing on the other line?

Thanks. I have a V11 set with elevated curves, if the 885 Series already tilts what happens on these curves and what happens if a non tilting train is passing on the other line?

No problem, the 855 only tilts slightly and doesn't interfere with another train as they pass on a curve. Here is a photo of the Kamone about to pass a train and as you can see there is more than enough clearance.

post-22-13569926280126_thumb.jpg

Sometimes we just want to sit on the floor and run our trains.  Some of us are tight for space, time or money.  Luckily I'm blessed with a fabulous wife who has let me take over the whole granny flat.  But let me tell you Rich, that comes with its own set of problems ... such as laying so much track that you spend a weekend soldering the wiring and jumping head first into DCC before considering the time constraints.  Lord help me with the scenery.  I can't wait until my layout is fully wired and I can just enjoy a train running around a loop!

Cheers

The_Ghan

I have the White Sonic and Kamome 885 and the V11.  The 885 only tilts slightly more but it won't affect the other trains. 

FYI, due to Kato's construction, only the non-motorised cars tilts in the n-gauge version.