what livery is this, and , is there a database of J liveries anywhere on line

Eliphaz

I saw a film recently featuring a rural electric train line

the cars looked something like this (please excuse my rudimentary Paint doodle)

can anyone identify the line? I guess it was 80's-90's timeframe.

Ive looked at the article on the JNSwiki, besides that are there anymore resources of livery identification?

thanks

e

post-356-1356992622989_thumb.jpg

Could you post the link or provide any information on the video you've seen? Even if in Japanese, I think this will resolute in a better answer to your inquiry. :P The title, web-link, name, anything.

i'm thinking Keisei, though it's not that rural...

IMO providing as much information as possible will eventually give an answer regarding trains. Combining our knowledge of Japanese trains we will eventually be able to conquer any obstacles!

i'm thinking Keisei, though it's not that rural...

Yeah, Keisei was the first thing that came to mind, wasn't the old Skyliner almost exactly like this?  More white than creme, but otherwise this.

Found this one: http://www.uraken.net/rail/chiho/mizuma/501.html The Mizuma-RR's old livery perhaps?

oh, I think we have a winner !  :cool:

thanks everyone for replying. there are lots of interesting resources in this thread, Ive had alot of fun just going through the links!

the show in question was an anime called Naatzume's Book of Friends. I didnt think to get a screen cap unfortunately, and the disk has gone back to netfix. but there are more disks in the series , supposedly, so I night get to see the train again.

Found this one: http://www.uraken.net/rail/chiho/mizuma/501.html The Mizuma-RR's old livery perhaps?

oh, I think we have a winner !  :cool:

thanks everyone for replying. there are lots of interesting resources in this thread, Ive had alot of fun just going through the links!

the show in question was an anime called Naatzume's Book of Friends. I didnt think to get a screen cap unfortunately, and the disk has gone back to netfix. but there are more disks in the series , supposedly, so I night get to see the train again.

Here's the Mizuma cars in service when I visited in 1990.

post-218-13569926281328_thumb.jpg

post-218-13569926281785_thumb.jpg

post-218-13569926282269_thumb.jpg

• Like 2