Hyper Construction Set #3

Just got my Hyper Construction Set #3 today. At first i was not sure i was going to buy this one, only really wanted the set as i really was only interested in the container crane and the rail crane, and at almost $90 shipped for the set it wasnt cheap. but after seeing the container crane on curt's layout, i went for it (also had enough points laying around to pay the shipping which helped).

I am much more impressed with this set of hyper construction vehicles over the previous two sets. The container container crane is the real gem of this set. its nicely detailed and the colored plastic appears to also be painted to give it a much better look. the crane it totally articulated and can hold a container. even the container arm slides in and out to take different sized containers. detail is nice on the crane and has a set of additional hand rails and ladders to blue on. the hydraulic pistons articulate. also has squishy rubber tires, nice touch! really a nice model.

the rail crane is nice as well, with retractable rail wheels (they are n gauge) as well as rubber treads. the crane raises and lowers nicely with articulating hydraulic pistons. you get either a retracted boom (just the boom head and hook and ball) or fully extended boom, so its all or nothing. nice model and will make a very nice mow scene! you get two colors of this model.

I was pleasantly surprised with the bulldozer. its got a doubly articulated blade (up/down and tilt) as well as a very nicely articulated rake on the rear. you get 3 colors of this model

The cement mixer and container truck are pretty pedestrian and not as nice as tomytec offerings. the cement truck unfortunately has a the joint between the two halfs of the mixer chamber that is very visible and wont close up. you get 3 colors of the mixer. the truck features all feel a tad pudgie compared to the tomytec trucks. you get two versions of the truck.

hopefully i can sell of the trucks and cement mixers at the train show to make some of the $$ back, but even at $15 each for the 6 i wanted was worth it for these as they are pretty unique and nicely done.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10110886

cheers,

jeff