E127 & Mountains

scott

OK, I know I'm getting a little repetitive with posting my current favorites, but I just liked the mountain scenery that the train heads into at the end of this short video. And it's available in 720 and 1080 HD.

I agree, and there is not a shinkansen in sight.  I like the foreground detail - I found some goldenrod-like material in Japan which I am "planting" in one place along my tracks as in this video.

Yeah, I was looking at trackside vegetation in this one, too--lots of ideas there. Including the banana tree at the right of the frame in the beginning. :-)

Nice, I wish I knew which stretch of the line that was.

Kamiyachiyo: Those yellow flowers are probably rapeseed. They are a very distinctive part of the Japanese landscape wherever you go and particularly seem to grow along the tracks.

Banana trees are a surprising find in Japan. There was a house in Usuda, in the Saku valley in the Chuo Alps area that had a tree. The owner had to wrap the trunk during the cold winters. I've seen small stands in near houses at the bottom of the Chichibu mountains north of Tokyo.

Best wishes,

Grant

bikkuri bahn

I thought the Oito line was awfully far north for banana trees.

With the way the weather is getting warmer and warmer every year, it may become not so unusual-  It is said that if the warming trend continues, you'll have to go to Hokkaido to ski anymore.