Shinkansen Chopsticks

Claude_Dreyfus

they are very cool, mine showed up wednesday! wife actually brought sushi home for me today for lunch and am going to use them. cant wait till the next jrm lunch to use them!

not cheap, but not horrible in price... they are quite unique. always wanted one of the sanrio shinkensen chopsticks, but they are short kids ones usually. these are nice and long and look great! have to get a holder for them!

cheers

jeff

ps i have to admit i did buy the sanrio shinkansen handkerchief as i use these a lot and collect interesting ones. its become my new souvenir from traveling instead of tee shirts (wayyyy to many of those!). japan was great as many places had handkerchief maps!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sanrio-Shinkansen-Bento-Wrap-Napkin-/350277183298?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item518e25a742#ht_500wt_1075

cheers

jeff

ok report after the first meal with the n700 chopsticks! they are about 10% shorter than all of our regular chopstick sets, but not bad. they are also very pointy and slim at the eating end so you need to be adept at using chopsticks to use them! was enjoyable and made the sushi taste better with the little n700s flying at me!

cheers

jeff

• Like 1

I bought SO MANY shinkansen relater things in Japan. I have dozens of sanrio goods (mostly bought in 100¥ shops) and I also go the 0 series chopsticks (for 700¥ or 900¥) at Poppondetta Akiba.

Feels geeky but it's good souvenirs and memories! :-)

I bought SO MANY shinkansen relater things in Japan. I have dozens of sanrio goods (mostly bought in 100¥ shops) and I also go the 0 series chopsticks (for 700¥ or 900¥) at Poppondetta Akiba.

I saw them for 660¥ somewhere, may have been the railway museum gift shop. I wish I'd bought some to resell.

I saw them for 660¥ somewhere, may have been the railway museum gift shop. I wish I'd bought some to resell.

Yeah, maybe it was this price. Honestly I don't remember the price but I remember I found it a bit expensive for chopsticks.

But those are one of a kind!!

I especially like the details: one has yellow lights, the other red lights! ^_^

Yeah, maybe it was this price. Honestly I don't remember the price but I remember I found it a bit expensive for chopsticks.

But those are one of a kind!!

I especially like the details: one has yellow lights, the other red lights! ^_^

I was looking at the Japan Trend Shop's price of US$31 plus $14 shipping. ???

Who is going to be first to order the watch :glasses9:

If you buy one of the station melody clocks there is one thing to beware of that they don't mention. They use the Japanese radio time signal to keep the correct time. I bought one of the Yamanote Line clocks in Tokyo in 2006 thinking it would be out of range of the signal once I got it back to Australia but every night it obediently winds itself back an hour if I set it to local time.

ouch, i got mine from jbox at $8.50, thats about 700y these days. $4 sal shipping, so not bad that bad at $10.50 for a pair (i got two sets).

http://www.jbox.com/SEARCH/shinkansen_chopsticks

bit expensive for chopsticks, but they are not the usual thing you can find!

unfortunately they dont have the 0 series or 922 dr yellow, have to pay the $31 from the trend shop for those overseas it looks like!

cheers

jeff

I think I will have a Yamanote line train watch... What do you think? :grin

http://www.japantrendshop.com/yamanote-line-train-station-watch-p-387.html

I think that if I was paying $200 for a Yamanote Line watch, I would have to have the line music and chimes too.  The video they have is taken on the platform so they almost make it sound like the watch has them, but I don't actually hear anything coming from the watch.