ebay contact the seller

cteno4

anyone notice that ebay just removed the contact the seller link on item pages! now you have to go into the sellers id page then do a contact the seller thru there. they are trying to remove as much personal contact as possible in any aspect of ebay it seems. bummer as i often use that system to clear up questions about an item or its shipping terms, plain annoying.

every try to get in touch with ebay, dont bother its the most circular system you have ever seen! even when you do get through you are dropped into a recorded script/email response!

good thing that generally ebay has worked pretty flawlessly for me, but if there was trouble it would be hell to deal with and looks to be trying to build the walls higher and higher!

cheers

jeff

I wonder if that was more of a design put in place to keep spammers down at bay. I had been hearing recently from a few venders I know here that they are getting random spam coming throguh that link. Not sure if it is a bot that can grab email links through that page, or what as I am not a seller. I have had to contact a few sellers about def camera gear lately but aside from that I'm not sure how the system works as so far as information flows below the link.

yeah i thought of that but you can still bot there easily from the seller link on any item and get the same email form. to stop the bots a captia system usually works better, but those are also vulnerable as well...

this feels like the same path the help >> support system took over the last couple of years. use to be possible to wind your way into support and get some answers, now impossible to last time i tried about a month back.

cheers

jeff

yeah i tend to stay away from any mass product like that on ebay, just go for the odd stuff that is hard or impossible to find elsewhere... anything that had a lot of counterfeit, gray marketing, or pseudo refurbishing tends to be big on ebay for fraud or just crappy product. easy way for those turds to peddle the stuff. I also would never do a high $$ transaction as these also tend to attract the quick strike artists.

with the odd stuff and japanese trains i have had over 500 transactions over the years and only one bad one for $25 which my cc actually reversed after paypal refused to deal with as the guy was able to put me off with excuses to just past the then 30 day limit to file a complaint.

cheers

jeff

towards the bottom of the page

Questions and answers about this item

No questions or answers have been posted about this item. 

Ask a question

then you get generic questions or you can ask a different question

DOH! thanks they kept it down there, forgot that section was down there and i actually thought it was only there when a question had been asked. they just removed it from the top right where it use to be a standard link.

thanks

jeff