Model trains in Anime

Kabutoni

Hello all,

I didn't know where to put this, so I placed it in the off-topic section. Just now I saw an episode of Sazae-san (The dream train of Shohei) where the Isono/Fugata family is planning on buying model trains.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW3Vx1Z4b3I

After this I started wondering if there are any other Japanese animations where model trains play some sort of role in the story (of an episode). There must be more, but as I'm not that big of an anime-fan any more, I can't think of any. Does someone know another series where model trains are present?

Cheers!

Toni

I know a few series where trains play a roll in the plot, not model trains per say, but Tetsuko no Tabi, and then there's Ai Yori Aoshi where the president of the photography club is a densha otaku. I could name a lot of series that trains play a pivotal roll, but not modeling per say. 

Like Shashinka mentioned, there are several anime shows/movies where trains play a pivotal role.

I finally found a recent example of a female model train enthusiast in the romantic comedy anime, "Princess Jellyfish." (Kuragehime)  I hope she continues to get more airtime.  :)

The 11 episode anime is currently airing as part of the "Noitamin A" block on Fuji TV.  It was based off of a Kodansha Manga Award-winning manga of the same name. 

From anime news network:

Amamizukan is an apartment complex where no boys are allowed. Kurashita Tsukimi, a girl who adores jellyfish, lives there happily with her friends who all have nerdy obsessions of their own. Their peaceful lives gradually start to change when a beautiful woman helps Tsukimi out of a pinch.

Princess Jellyfish is available for streaming in the US on funimation.com and hulu

http://www.hulu.com/princess-jellyfish

Kuragehime.jpg