Connecting wide FineTrack to Unitrack

nik_n_dad

I thought I saw something about this here but can't seem to find it via search...

I understand that the kato "snap track" piece is used to connect unitrack to fintrack, but what about connecting the wide (canted) tomix finetrack to unitrack?  This doesn't seem to work, or am I just missing something really obvious here?......

CaptOblivious

Not mising anything at all! You will need either an intermediary peice of regular FineTrack, or you will have to snap off the wings (the "wide" parts) of the widw pc rail to give it the same profile as regular finetrack (only need to do his on the peice that fits the converter peice). I think the Kato converter requires a straight lenght of finetrack, that curves may not fit, fwiw.

Krackel Hopper

hey hey,

The Capt is right.. you would need to remove the "wings" for that inch or so of track that fits into the Kato adapter.  I don't recall where I came across this.. but those "wings" also need to be removed from the wide PC rail when you are using it with Tomix platforms.  The underside of the track has a groove cut into it exactly where the regular rail would be.  Taking an exacto knife to this would not be very hard.  The only issue is, once you remove it I don't think you can really get it back on without there being an ugly seam running down the side of the track.

Jon