Is it time to diversify and split the board down a bit?

Darren Jeffries

It has been suggested that we should accomodate other scales (T, Z etc...) Is it now time to creat a more comprehensive range of boards instead of the more conservative few we currently have?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. It has been suggested that we should accomodate other scales (T, Z etc...) Is it now time to creat a more comprehensive range of boards instead of the more conservative few we currently have?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent

Darren Jeffries

It has been suggested that we should accomodate other scales (T, Z etc...) Is it now time to creat a more comprehensive range of boards instead of the more conservative few we currently have?

I'm not really established on the board yet, so not one to comment too much.

What I will say is I like the idea of split forums, but they tend to be exclusive and not inclusive - if you ain't into T you wont read it. Not every T discussion is solely helpful to T modellers.

I would suggest that you leave things as they are and any scale specific discussions are headed such. ie. "N - Review of latest Kato releases" or "Z - Modelling cherry blossom in Z gauge" - if you get my drift. Should be straightforward to 'police'.

I don't think the forum needs subsections yet.

Just my thoughts.

Personally, I am modeling in all three scales right now, so from a standpoint of staying organized (that's the ex-military in me) it sure makes for an easier time to navigate. Plus I think it might encourage more people to join in.

Besides, I'm still a green horn in the small scales.

Darren Jeffries

Ok so the voting so far shows pretty much 4-1 in favour of splitting the board up a bit... now, we need suggestions on what you think the split should be.

I founded this board as a board for and pretty much run by its members... so it is your choice.

Well from the main forum page, just add "Z-Scale" sub-forum, and a "T-Scale" sub-forum to Platform 2.

Or alternatively create Platform 3, and just put a sub-forums for Z scale and T scale in there and move the current N-scale there was well. But I only suggest that as a way to neatly organize related forums. (Sorry, I'm the one at work who has to do all the 5S, TPM, Six Sigma, and Kaisens which are all Japanese efficiency standards)