Book of Japanese station plans - very interesting

Claude_Dreyfus

Claude_Dreyfus

I received today a very interesting book from a friend of mine. It is basically a book a track plans for the Chuo main line and ajoining lines, including what looks to be the Minobu and Fuji Kyūkō line. With plenty of photographs and every siding on what I believe is the Takao - Shiojiri section. Ideal book for my collection of Chuo line trains! :grin

It looks to be part of series, and although I cannot understand a word of it (being entirely in Japanese), it looks to be a really useful addition to my small Japanese library. No idea where you get these from, but certainly worth keeping a look out for should you be interested in trackplans etc.

The second picture, of the back cover, gives some idea of the layout of the 95 page, although there is more detail on each of the station facilities towards the back...

post-141-13569925114838_thumb.jpg

post-141-13569925115636_thumb.jpg

Cool book.  A google of the ISBN from your photo turns up a Japanese bookstore with this and similar volumes. As well as a couple of other stores (none seemed to have English pages). This set appears to be 4 volumes, but there's also a 12-volume set of the Tokaido Line.

Google translate:

"All wiring Vol.3 Japanese railway station in central line all lines all illustrated

Feature: Anatomy of a large switch from station / railway sites close / wide wiring diagram filing / recording a total of 150 stations!  Line up, line 違駅, tunnels, mountain routes, "funny" / Hachioji Station Volume 3 - ◎ Matsumoto area "specialty center line," Past and Present of the switch station, line up with the List of Business Routes Zhang, line 1 through station!  Fuji ◎, Kaikoma, Yatsugatake, Fuji express views median line running paradise!   Yamanashi, Nagano Prefecture, central western Tokyo ◎ JR · private railway freight covers the cable!"

There will be more and more of these books.

The Tokaido series consist of 12 books. I bought number 6 (Maibara - Osaka) as I'm interested in eastern Kansai. It was published Aug 2009. The Tokaido-suite was complete in January 2010.

The names are a bit misleading. Tokaido doesn't mean only the Tokaido Hon/Shinkansen- it means all lines around the line, both JR and non-JR.

The Chubu (Not Chuo!) line series is currently ongoing. Claude_Dreyfus's book was published in June, a week ago part 4 was published, covering Shiojiri - Nagoya.

If you can manage to read station names in Japanese, then you can enjoy these books. The station part with B/W photos of every stations has a lot of text that I don't understand anything of - but the maps are interesting!.

You can find the books in "any" book store in Japan. I saw them everywhere in Kansai and Tokyo during my April visit.